• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Shop time is at a premium anymore due to schedule changes around here, but I was able to these done a few days ago (just in time for a few of them to go out in time for Christmas)...

IMG_5263-X2.jpg

Some of these were in the knife pic thread, but I figured I would add them here as they also got done recently...

IMG_5011-X2.jpg

IMG_5010-X2.jpg

IMG_5012-X2.jpg

IMG_5094-X2.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Those look really nice! I like that you have your own style. It's distinct from the usual "wood handle, brass pins, stonewashed blade" look that everyone seems to use. Nothing wrong with that style, just saying that yours is unique.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Those look really nice! I like that you have your own style. It's distinct from the usual "wood handle, brass pins, stonewashed blade" look that everyone seems to use. Nothing wrong with that style, just saying that yours is unique.

Thanks. I don't like to work with wood simply because it's unpredictable. I was a wood worker for years and just like G-10 better for knife handles. No warping, splitting, or any other related issues... and it's heavier duty for the most part. Some of those do have brass pins. I guess it just depends on what handle colors they go with versus stainless or G-10 pins.

I love almost everything you make. One of these days I'll actually buy something from you. Some day...

Thanks!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    You do really nice work, both with the tools and the kydex, sir.

Thanks. I actually don't do the kydex work. I have a good friend that is about two minutes down the road that runs a holster company. I just drop my stuff off to him. I would like to learn to do it, but for now it saves me a ton of time that I can be working on more blades and such. Besides, he does really good work and there is no reason for me to re-invent the wheel for now.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks. I actually don't do the kydex work. I have a good friend that is about two minutes down the road that runs a holster company. I just drop my stuff off to him. I would like to learn to do it, but for now it saves me a ton of time that I can be working on more blades and such. Besides, he does really good work and there is no reason for me to re-invent the wheel for now.

In that case, the two of you make a good team.

Are the snap straps on the sheaths made of leather? Have you considered using biothane or some similarly indestructible synthetic like some holster makers are using?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    In that case, the two of you make a good team.

Are the snap straps on the sheaths made of leather? Have you considered using biothane or some similarly indestructible synthetic like some holster makers are using?

Thanks. Actually, I believe you know the gentleman that makes the sheaths.

Those straps are synthetic. I"m not real big on leather for certain things. If the straps were leather, they would eventually stretch and wear out (like the top strap on leather holsters or belt keepers).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks. Actually, I believe you know the gentleman that makes the sheaths.

Those straps are synthetic. I"m not real big on leather for certain things. If the straps were leather, they would eventually stretch and wear out (like the top strap on leather holsters or belt keepers).

Ah-hah! Good to know, sir! I was thinking the same thing.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    I'm not big on being in a video, that's for sure. I do, however, know a gentleman that spends most of his time outdoors and in the woods. He will likely start doing some videos of some of my stuff, mainly the 18" axe once I get it modded like he wants it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not big on being in a video, that's for sure. I do, however, know a gentleman that spends most of his time outdoors and in the woods. He will likely start doing some videos of some of my stuff, mainly the 18" axe once I get it modded like he wants it.

Cool!

Top Bottom