• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Saw Bob Kramer in this video using the Kramer Zwilling system for sharpening and thought I might look into getting one. They're $300 on Amazon, but if they're half as good as he says it looks like it would be worth it. Certainly better than having someone else do it. Anyone have one of these? How are they?

[video=youtube_share;kFhMGJYhYpU]http://youtu.be/kFhMGJYhYpU[/video]

http://www.amazon.com/Kramer-ZWILLI...33313&sr=1-1&keywords=zwilling+sharpening+kit

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    $300 for basically what amounts to free hand stones is absurd IMHO. For that price you could get a base level Wicked Edge or Edge Pro tbat would do a much better job as they give you a machine style set up that takes all the guess work out of the sharpening process.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I agree with Mr. Crail. The Wicked Edge has been a game-changer for me. Every blade I own stays very sharp at all times.

i-RkjHRDc-L.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I agree with the others. The toughest part of sharpening a knife skillfully is maintaining a proper and consistent angle. If you do that well then you can find good stones for a lot less.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If someone wants to learn freehand sharpening with stones, they'd be much better served by buying just the stones and spending time researching and practicing on knives that they don't really care about. You can do that for substantially less than $300.

Carto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    Waverly
    i use a Norton tri-stone....... Id like to try the wicked edge ,but, thats alot of coin to sped just to see if i like it. I might get to play with one at the blade show here in a month.

Top Bottom