• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville
    Just curious as to what people in Indiana carry for a fixed blade/folding knife.

I am usually with a Strider SnG, Benchmade Ritter Griptilian 552, or a Microtech Mini Socom Elite.:rockwoot:Along with a Boker Wharcom. EVERYDAY!!!!

So, what edged weapon do you carry??

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Cheap $8 S&W folder made in china I bought at Advanced Auto Parts.
    The blade won't hold an edge at all. Only after a few uses, it's butter knife dull again.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Old school:

buck-110fg.jpg

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I have a benchmade of an unknown model. That has been my primary carry knife.

I also have a CRKT m16 - one of the little ones with like a 2-3 inch blade. I also have Magnum folder with an NRA logo on it. These I carry less often.

I have noticed that I am carrying the CRKT more and the benchmade less.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I carry a $10 S&W folder or one of many of my $10 Jeep folders. I love cheap knives, you can beat 'em up or loose then without feeling bad, and I have never broke one.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Yep, when I was in the Navy I carried a nice Buck...it was required for me to carry.

I'm just prone to losing things and hate to lose a good knife. :):

90% of the reason I have the buck is because I bolt it to my belt and cannot lose it.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Hmmm....such variety

Ad interesting thought comes to mind when reading this thread. When you carry a knife, do you regard it primarily as a tool or a weapon?

This came to mind as I was reading the variety of blades that some people carry. I have three knives that I carry, one more regularly than the others. However, I think I will try to get down to carrying one knife regularly and leave the others in the drawer.

Why? Because if I need to use that knife as a weapon, then I better be able to open it under stress and the best way to ensure that is to carry the same blade consistently so I am 100% used to that knife when it comes out of my pocket.

Anyway, this is a somewhat incomplete thought and perhaps a bit off topic. But just my :twocents:.

Lucion

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Avon
    Cheap Carry

Case Sodbuster Jr., needs sharpened frequently but I use it like a "Stanley Knife". Good for most every day tasks.

Last edited:

coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville
    Ad interesting thought comes to mind when reading this thread. When you carry a knife, do you regard it primarily as a tool or a weapon?

This came to mind as I was reading the variety of blades that some people carry. I have three knives that I carry, one more regularly than the others. However, I think I will try to get down to carrying one knife regularly and leave the others in the drawer.

Why? Because if I need to use that knife as a weapon, then I better be able to open it under stress and the best way to ensure that is to carry the same blade consistently so I am 100% used to that knife when it comes out of my pocket.

Anyway, this is a somewhat incomplete thought and perhaps a bit off topic. But just my :twocents:.

Tool 99.999999% ;)

I would only go for the knife in a SD situation if I felt mine or my familie's life was in danger..............oh and I didn't have my pistola :draw:

Top Bottom