Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Miracles Do Happen. lovemachine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    BEHOLD! I present to you a functional work of freakin' art:

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)213.1280.1280.jpg?c=2" border="0" alt="" />

Buck 110 Ultimate Hunter S30V - Limited Edition - Rosewood
    Holy crap.
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Rhino, can you buy 5 so I can get that $5 discount?
    'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine View Post
    Holy crap.
    That's the best $90 you'll every spend on a knife, sir. DO IT NOW. It's a limited edition and the walnut scale version is already sold out.

Notice the drop point (standard Buck 110 has a clip point) and that there is no nail nick. You can't open it easily with one hand, but as a cutting tool, you can't do much better, especially at that price point. And it's freakin' awesome to just look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsharmon7 View Post
    Rhino, can you buy 5 so I can get that $5 discount?
    Hah! If I buy 5, I'm keepin' 5.

A group might work to save the $5 plus consolidate the shipping, but only if everyone involved is close enough so that shipping isn't necessary.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

... You can't open it easily with one hand . . .
    Not enough to grab onto for a New York open, or too stiff perhaps?

(Not that that's easy compared to a thumb stud/hole.)

I like the classics, but I find I've switched all my edc stuff over to things that are more easily opened with one hand.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

Miracles Do Happen. lovemachine's Avatar
    That's the best $90 you'll every spend on a knife, sir. DO IT NOW. It's a limited edition and the walnut scale version is already sold out.

Notice the drop point (standard Buck 110 has a clip point) and that there is no nail nick. You can't open it easily with one hand, but as a cutting tool, you can't do much better, especially at that price point. And it's freakin' awesome to just look at it.

Hah! If I buy 5, I'm keepin' 5.

A group might work to save the $5 plus consolidate the shipping, but only if everyone involved is close enough so that shipping isn't necessary.
    Why a drop point over a clip point?
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    Not enough to grab onto for a New York open, or too stiff perhaps?

(Not that that's easy compared to a thumb stud/hole.)

I like the classics, but I find I've switched all my edc stuff over to things that are more easily opened with one hand.
    All of my other 110s will do that easily, but this guy is currently too stiff for that. It will get better. I may also add a "one armed bandit" (one of the thumb studs that you can attach with an allen screw).

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine View Post
    Why a drop point over a clip point?
    I can't speak for the person who made the choices (you could contact the vendor), but in practical terms I find the drop point more practical. For one thing, when I'm trying to slice something open and I don't want to puncture what's underneath it, it's easier with a drop point. It also works better to use the point to start a hole. Other than that, it's a personal preference thing.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Dang it, rhino .... it's beautiful for sure. If I hadn't just purchased another one of those (Sig) .40 turd guns for a super-duper price, I'd buy that knife in a heartbeat !
    (the .40 cal cartridge is gonna make a comeback .... I'm sure of it !!!)

I've had a Buck 110 for about 38 years. Carried it for about 18 years of a 21 year US Army career. It was my go-to when the Swiss Army Woodsman's 3" blade was either too small or not sturdy enough for the cutting task at hand. It was generally easier to use than my M7 bayonet, although I used that occasionally for certain tasks, other than as a bayonet, such as batoning field expedient stakes or something that would be hard on the Buck's locking mechanism, which wasn't very often at all. Always had its leather holster somewhere easily accessible on my ALICE battle rattle.

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)4_1721215cb6_b.jpg" border="0" alt="" />

The clip point blade has a reputation for being easy to break the tip off. It's been my experience it is invariably because the user was either prying or twisting with it which should not be done with any knife. Screwdrivers are for twisting and crowbars are for prying. Nor should it be used for batoning, which is excessively hard on every locking knife mechanism. It will hold an excellent edge and it's not that difficult to sharpen to an extremely fine edge. If you take care of a 110 and don't abuse it, it will last a lifetime, and then some. I've never felt one-hand opening to be an essential. I've got some one-hand, and it can be convenient, but it's not essential. I've never seen a folding knife as a combat weapon. For edged weapons, I have several bayonets and a full-size light cavalry saber (it's not a ceremonial one).
    United States Army, Retired

Plinker
    My dad carried one every day. He passed it on to me as my first deer cleaning knife.

I would not go buy a new Buck 110. However the steel in the early Buck knives was top notch. Anybody ever see a "four strike" Buck?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast