• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I used to carry them years ago. They were considered the standard back then. Now I guess they're more old school. They were always good , dependable carry knives back then but things have evolved and I think they have been relegated to their place in history. I think I even still have one or two of them somewhere but I would have to dig around and look for them. Just not in my rotation anymore.

Reactions: Leo

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I carried a 110 so long ago that this happened:
    Going through what little security there was at the airport, I was stopped and told my Buck couldn't go with me on the plane. The gate attendant said I could put it into the mailing envelope they provided and they would give it to the captain. He would give it back to me when we landed. And that's what they did. I still have it but don't carry it, since I really need the tiny screwdriver on the Wave.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I had a 110 several years ago and one of my soldiers borrowed it and snapped the tip off. A friend got me another, and I turned in a company car and somehow forgot I left it in the door, unfortunately. It is a good knife. Hollow grinds will always slice very well, but I'm not a fan due to durability. The steel isn't the greatest, but they really wring the most out of it with their superior heat treat. It is a two hand operation to open and close the blade, unlike some of the newer locking blades. But it is a true classic, and many become heirlooms. It also has a certain class that many newer knives just give up in favor of other qualities.

Last edited:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I had one as my go to outside knife for almost 20 years in navy. Came home and broke blade. Contacted Buck and they replaced with new one which I still have. Hard to beat for all around good knife. Of course there are Esee's..........Love them too!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My dad carried one every day. I still have it. Its locked safely in the vault.

He put a wicked edge on it. I can shave bald spots on my arm its so sharp. :rockwoot:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    When I lost my original Buck 110, I had this one made for me. It's a left-handed automatic.
    It's easy to carry because it came with a leather belt sheath.

i-JrhVjVJ-L.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Anyone here regularly carry a Buck 110/112? What are your opinions on it as a daily carry?

I do when I'm at home. Currently it's a Basspro Buck 110 with a CPM154 blade. Previously it was a standard 110 that had a BG-42 blade upgrade, but I retired that guy after a lot of use (the blade is noticeably smaller from sharpening). I also have a Cabela's Alaskan Guide Buck 110 with a CPM S30V blade.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    I carried a Buck 110, until it was stolen at work. That was a fantastic knife. And you really cant beat the price. I think I am gonna get an auto one next.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I do when I'm at home. Currently it's a Basspro Buck 110 with a CPM154 blade. Previously it was a standard 110 that had a BG-42 blade upgrade, but I retired that guy after a lot of use (the blade is noticeably smaller from sharpening). I also have a Cabela's Alaskan Guide Buck 110 with a CPM S30V blade.

You have my interest. I had only ever seen them with (I think) 450C.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Have a 1988 version 112. It has finger grooves, was a EDC for years. Still have the original leather case.
    Won a 110 on a Ebay auction, has the nylon case, and it has been an EDC, especially during hunting season.
    No issues with either, they are a knife, not a pry bar, or hammer, or screwdriver. They cut, and are good at it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You have my interest. I had only ever seen them with (I think) 450C.

Current Buck 110 and 112s are 420HC with a very good heat treatment by Paul Bos.

Before that, they were (in reverse order) 425M and 440C. You can find charts that will tell you what your knife steel is based on the marking near the pivot end of the blade.

You can get either 420HC or CPM S30V when you build a 110 using the custom shop web site. You can also get S30V if you get the Alaskan Guide version from Cabela's.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I have and still use a 110 during hunting season, sharpest,best edge holding knife I have ever owned. It is about 25 years old. I bought it new from WalMart when they used to make an effort to sell American made goods.

i just got a 112 in July. New old stock from 1978. No little groove to open the blade. Sharp when I got it. Very sharp now. I tend to carry it more as it is a little smaller ( when not carrying the Wave).

the custom shop has had my eye for about a year now. Maybe, if I can stop buying guns...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Current Buck 110 and 112s are 420HC with a very good heat treatment by Paul Bos.

Before that, they were (in reverse order) 425M and 440C. You can find charts that will tell you what your knife steel is based on the marking near the pivot end of the blade.

You can get either 420HC or CPM S30V when you build a 110 using the custom shop web site. You can also get S30V if you get the Alaskan Guide version from Cabela's.

Its my other Buck folder that says 450 on it. Yeah, it was the 420HC I was thinking of earlier. Not exactly world class steel, but Paul Bos definitely knows how to get the most out of it. I'm thinking I might be sending them some 3V blades I have coming up.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    They're a decent knife for the money.
    My only bad experience with Buck is their warranty wasn't worth "doodly squat" when I returned a broken knife to them maybe 10 years ago.
    I got a letter with my knife when it was returned saying it wasn't fixed because it had been abused. It wasn't abused.
    I haven't bought a Buck since.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Won a 110 on a Ebay auction, has the nylon case, and it has been an EDC, especially during hunting season.
    No issues with either, they are a knife, not a pry bar, or hammer, or screwdriver. They cut, and are good at it.

Truth right there. I carry my Leatherman for the screwdriver and if I want to chop firewood I'll use an axe.

My EDC 110 has gutted every deer I've killed and is the primary knife I use while processing.

Top Bottom