• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am really into auto knives. Pretty much wont carry anything else. Been looking FOREVER for an automatic karambit. I have only been able to find one person who ever made them (Frank Beltrame) but he looks like he is out of business and anytime I find one online for sale, they are sold out.

Anyone know of any auto karambits?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I am really into auto knives. Pretty much wont carry anything else. Been looking FOREVER for an automatic karambit. I have only been able to find one person who ever made them (Frank Beltrame) but he looks like he is out of business and anytime I find one online for sale, they are sold out.

Anyone know of any auto karambits?

I can't think of a "true" auto karambit, but there some auto knives out there that have that "hawk" style blade. Custom maker Reese Weiland is known for his auto hawk designs. Microtech has made a few models over the years that have that hawk style blade or a blade style that is close. This would include the Hawk model, the Kestrel model , and the Vector model.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;CIYnpQHSCgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIYnpQHSCgs[/video]

If you like the deployment speed of an Auto I would suggest looking at the Emerson Combat Karambit, speed wise it blows an Auto or Manual opener out of the water.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    There are Kbits that are similar to Balisongs as well. Really fast to deploy once you get the hang of them. TheEmerson is just one of that type of KBit, other makers have them as well. There is also one billed as a military auto openers that works like this but IDK who actually makes it, saw it on a knife blog I read.

I like Kbits and carry them often though I usually got with a fixed blade, nothing opens faster than a fixed blade with the right sheath.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Well....sometimes persistence pays off! After nearly two years of looking, my google fu finally paid off! I found a Frank Beltrame auto karambit in stock at a place called Lightening OTF Knives. I was shocked that they actually had one and that they were not just advertising it in hopes of finding one at their distributor (that happened more than once). Got it in two days and I am loving it. Will post a picture soon.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    :postpics:

Also the new Joe Caswell morphing karambit might be worth looking into, not a true auto but really freaking close IMHO, probably the coolest Karambit to come out since the Emerson design

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    :postpics:

Also the new Joe Caswell morphing karambit might be worth looking into, not a true auto but really freaking close IMHO, probably the coolest Karambit to come out since the Emerson design

dude I'm not a fan of karambits, but that caswell is sweet!...in fact it looks to me like they could incorporate a "wave" into it, and it'd open as you pull it from your pocket!, the drawback...its 650.00! (looks like the kickstarter is closed and sold out on the homepage)

but I noticed at the bottom of the kickstarter page it says

*This design has been adopted by a major knife brand that is expected to have a lower-cost imported version available for 2019. This imported version may be formally announced in 2018, before all rewards have been delivered. This project is for enthusiasts and professionals that demand an exclusive PREMIUM DOMESTIC build.

I'm assuming crkt so it'd be a lot less

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Thread no longer worthless.....

6c2ok8M.jpg

p0ZsafS.jpg

yuciefi.gif

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    dude I'm not a fan of karambits, but that caswell is sweet!...in fact it looks to me like they could incorporate a "wave" into it, and it'd open as you pull it from your pocket!, the drawback...its 650.00! (looks like the kickstarter is closed and sold out on the homepage)

but I noticed at the bottom of the kickstarter page it says

*This design has been adopted by a major knife brand that is expected to have a lower-cost imported version available for 2019. This imported version may be formally announced in 2018, before all rewards have been delivered. This project is for enthusiasts and professionals that demand an exclusive PREMIUM DOMESTIC build.

I'm assuming crkt so it'd be a lot less

I just found one of the CRKT Provoke (morphing karambit based on the Caswell design) for sale and snagged one up. Looking forward to getting it soon!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I just found one of the CRKT Provoke (morphing karambit based on the Caswell design) for sale and snagged one up. Looking forward to getting it soon!

I was right on both counts! (crkt, and cheaper)...looks cool but still 200 bucks, ill pass for now!

srandrews80

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Plainfield
    You might check out the Mantis Vuja De Balisong Karambit. It is a balisong style knife. I have one and love it. Has a push button that pops loose the knife and a single flick has it ready for Knifing. They are around $85 on bladehq.com

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    vskfVYG.jpg

Figured this would be worth a zombie thread. Microtech is releasing an automatic karambit in collaboration with Bastenelli knives. Looks super cool and is definitely on my want to buy list

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    vskfVYG.jpg

Figured this would be worth a zombie thread. Microtech is releasing an automatic karambit in collaboration with Bastenelli knives. Looks super cool and is definitely on my want to buy list

microtech...I bet when the release it, it'll be more like milliontech!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Gonna zombie this thread! image.jpg

i got an email from classic firearms saying the had this on sale for 135! Well shipping tax and insurance brought it up to 159. About 40 cheaper than anybody else online, didn’t need it, but it’s been a while since a pickup up s new “sharp stabby” thing so... I’ve got to say it’s big, it’s bulky and I still haven’t figured out the pocket clip yet, but it’s pretty cool!

Top Bottom