2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    t2f44boh.jpg

0850 Sinkevich / Rexford design
    3.75 Inch CPM 20CV Blade
    Titanium Sub-Frame Lock
    4.2 OZ

This is by far and away my favorite of the 2017 releases and one will be added to the collection for sure.

XrvLHXEh.jpg

0055 GTC Knives Design
    3.75 Inch S35VN Blade
    Full Titanium Frame Lock
    5.0 OZ

Side Note the 0055 features the "SLT Hidden Flipper Tab" shown on the full custom GTC Airborne below
    [video=youtube;Vz7iSv-4wns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz7iSv-4wns[/video]

hQcoseah.jpg

0920 Les George Design - Based off his custom "Harpy" model
    3.9 Inch CPM 20-CV Blade
    Full Titanium Frame Lock
    5.4 OZ

UEMT4myh.jpg

0460 Sinkevich Design
    3.25 Inch S35-VN Blade
    Full Titanium Frame Lock with a Bronze Carbon Fiber Show Side
    2.3 OZ

Overall looks to be a good year for ZT and at the very least I hope the 0850 hits the streets very quickly, and I am glad to see ZT moving towards 20CV over S35 personally as I feel 20CV offers allot better edge retention and is less prone to "rolling" like 35VN is.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I haven't seen much in the way of new knife designs that really blow me away for a while now. This year looks to be similar.

My favorite ZT design is still the 0550. I may be in the minority but oh well. What happened to the days when a company had a few core models they always have available and save the fancy flashy stuff for limited edition runs? I like ZT but it seems like every time they make a model I like it get discontinued the next year so if I do have an issue or just want to get another I'm SOL. If I could get a new 0550 with 20CV steel I'd be so happy.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I haven't seen much in the way of new knife designs that really blow me away for a while now. This year looks to be similar.

My favorite ZT design is still the 0550. I may be in the minority but oh well. What happened to the days when a company had a few core models they always have available and save the fancy flashy stuff for limited edition runs? I like ZT but it seems like every time they make a model I like it get discontinued the next year so if I do have an issue or just want to get another I'm SOL. If I could get a new 0550 with 20CV steel I'd be so happy.

Now this is 100% speculation but I think it probably has to do with designer contracts and designs. Like the Emerson ZT's I have always wondered if Emerson pulled the ZT's due to them directly competing with EKI models. Maybe the same thing happened with Hinderer as really the only currently produced ZT Hinderer is the "Factory Custom" LE.

Top Bottom