• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    So when is our legislature going to show some common sense on this issue?

Switchblades (automatic knives) have been legal to own and carry in Indiana since July 1st 2013.

The state by state laws are changing very fast on this issue thanks to the Knife Rights Organization that works with each state's legislators in repealing current laws that make switchblades illegal in that state. The last time I checked we had 39 states where automatic knives (switchblades) are legal, and 2 additional states (Virginia & Colorado) having bills sitting on their governor's desk waiting to be signed that would make automatic knives legal in those states.

Knife Rights - Home

Note: In some states, switchblades are legal to own but not carry. Then you have states with blade length laws, and then you have states that have blade type laws like in Texas where a double edge dagger type blade is illegal. My point is, you have to be aware of each state's law regarding switchblades due to the differences in each state.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Switchblades (automatic knives) have been legal to own and carry in Indiana since July 1st 2013.

Yep, I was going to say they did, several years ago. They still to show some common sense on the "chinese throwing stars" though. Heck my circular saw blades could be considered under that stupid law.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    What about shipping automatics? A member of another forum sent me a link to some federal code that said shipping only to military, leo, etc. As I read it, I was precluded from receiving one in the mail.

Top Bottom