Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Gun Carrier’s Knife: Considerations

I don't carry a "real" knife around. Perhaps I should. Here's some advice from someone who may know what they are posting about.

The Gun Carrier?s Knife: Considerations | The Truth About Knives
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT Knife Lady's Avatar
    Why don't you carry a knife?

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar
    Uh oh.....
    It is good to have friends when you need them, even if they are only in your head

I really liked the Microtech Ultratech, but have to carry a Benchmade Infidel because I can use it left handed (weak side). The Ultratech comes out of the pocket the wrong way and I have to flip it over to get to the trigger. Other options will show up farther down the thread I'm sure.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

Quote Originally Posted by spencer rifle View Post
    I really liked the Microtech Ultratech, but have to carry a Benchmade Infidel because I can use it left handed (weak side). The Ultratech comes out of the pocket the wrong way and I have to flip it over to get to the trigger. Other options will show up farther down the thread I'm sure.
    FYI: You can flip the pocket clip on a Ultratech to the front handle by loosening the glass breaker then flipping the pocket clip and then re-tightening the glass breaker.

I carry strong side with my knife as I rather have my flashlight weak side. Being able to use my flashlight is a higher consideration for me than my knife. pistol strong hand, flashlight support. Plus o don't like having multiple clips on the same pocket
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    And if it could explode in the general direction of my mouth, that'd be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    But to be fair to me the cock was in the down position....

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyMon View Post
    I carry strong side with my knife as I rather have my flashlight weak side. Being able to use my flashlight is a higher consideration for me than my knife. pistol strong hand, flashlight support. Plus o don't like having multiple clips on the same pocket
    I carried my flashlight and knife strong side tonight and didn't like having both clips in my pocket. After reading your post I moved the light over to the weak side and kept the knife strong side. It works for me but I'm still thinking about the yeager msr tdr knife holster over the belt buckle. It would help to balance out the carry load. And I plan on keeping the fenix weak side from now on.

Large folder strong side, flashlight weak side (for the reason JollyMon mentioned), smaller folder (identical to primary except in size) clipped at top of weak side pocket parallel to belt. Larger pockets help; internal shape of pocket is also important. Most jeans are out. This is a consistent practice, and always a consideration tested in the dressing room when buying pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

ESEE-4 weak side behind spare mag and Izula around the neck.

Jay/lonehoosier

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradsknives View Post
    FYI: You can flip the pocket clip on a Ultratech to the front handle by loosening the glass breaker then flipping the pocket clip and then re-tightening the glass breaker.
    I will have to try that. I like the knife on the left (weak) side because I trained for fencing left handed and am better with edged items in the left hand.

Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast