• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    This was my grandpa's knife. He was in WW2 and this looks to be the style of knife that was used. He was Army. But, I have no clue if this is an actual WW2 knife or just a cheapo he bought afterwards. What can you tell me about it?

IMG_0641 edit.jpg IMG_0643 edit.jpg IMG_0645 edit.jpg IMG_0647 edit.jpg IMG_0649 edit.jpg IMG_0651 edit.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Private purchase WW2 knife...Not issued but I have no doubt he carried it during the war....We were short combat knives and many people stepped up to provide them...If your grandfather was out west for basic or training he may have picked it up there...

IMHO...One of my customers collects these things seriously and I am pretty certain that was your grandpa's WW2 combat knife....Notice the sheath is made to wear on the left side...Why??????

Pistol on right side....Even though he may not have been issued a pistol the knife was designed to be carried on the left side...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Sweet knife and history, I have a couple Ka bars from WW2. Can't beat those blades, my long now passed family members told me some stories as a younger guy. I miss them all. :(

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I appreciate all the info. I had a hard time reading what it said, other than made in mexico. It's been sitting in my safe for a couple years and I kept meaning to learn about it. Unfortunately, my grandpa passed away 18 years ago, when I was 10, so I never got the chance to talk to him about the war and all his stories. I really wish I had been a bit older, so that I could have asked him all of the questions that I have now.

Top Bottom