Battle Ready Swords? INGO Experts / Advice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bought a few at an auction years ago, no idea who made them other than they are repros. They don't bend and hold a sharp edge, used one for cutting briars, and it did a good job.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have several Cold Steel swords, 5 to be exact. They are decent tempered steel for the price. All were purchased on sale at Lynn Thompsons Special Projects website.

They are not acceptable to a purist. They are sharp and will give you a very good idea of what using a sword is like. It is immediately obvious that to be an effective swordsman requires years of training and discipline. A simple cutting stroke is more complicated than it appears.

I am not any type of expert with a sword, just wanted to know what it was like to handle one. It is scary, imagine needing to keep a 3 foot razor under control. Similar to carrying a loaded, cocked handgun with safety off all the time.

Don

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have several Cold Steel swords, 5 to be exact. They are decent tempered steel for the price. All were purchased on sale at Lynn Thompsons Special Projects website.

They are not acceptable to a purist. They are sharp and will give you a very good idea of what using a sword is like. It is immediately obvious that to be an effective swordsman requires years of training and discipline. A simple cutting stroke is more complicated than it appears.

I am not any type of expert with a sword, just wanted to know what it was like to handle one. It is scary, imagine needing to keep a 3 foot razor under control. Similar to carrying a loaded, cocked handgun with safety off all the time.

Don[/QUOTE

Have to agree, it's an awful lot of sharp metal.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    In the "sword" world Albion Swords is probably known as the best company that mass produces swords. These cost a bit but they are true quality and are "Real Swords". They do offer the Squire line of swords which are budget friendly.

https://www.albion-swords.com/

If you are looking for a more budget line Hanwei Swords or Windlass swords offer usable swords. Stay away from what we call "Wall Hangers". These are crap swords that will get you hurt!

Here is a good general sword forum:
    https://myarmoury.com/home.php

BTW.. here is a link to my site, you will probably want to build a shield later :>)

Ye olde Gaffers

Ron

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Swamp Rat Rucki, Busse AK-47 or Ruck

And of course, Miller Bros Blades or Horton
    Good luck finding an AK! I'm meeting up at Blade with a guy to buy his first run INFI AK47, if and only IF, my wife doesn't find out how much it's gonna cost me?:spend:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last edited:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    But Kirk, most of the you tube instructional videos are made for katana?!?!?!
    personally, I like to duel wield a couple wakazashi.

(Joke not aimed at OP. Please don't egg my car)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Chances are Busse will probably bring several swords to Blade, or have one as a special offering

Chances are even better I'm not gonna participate in the sweaty fat guy wrastlin' match that is the Busse booth! If the guys I'm with can't get me a Busse without wrastlin, I'll buy my buddy 's for a greatly exaggerated price.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you're going to Blade check out Miller Bros. Busse swords are sweet but I never picked up a sword in my life that said "OMG buy me" until I picked up a Miller Bros sword.

Zombie Tools are pretty slick too
    Miller Bros. are good dudes as well. The Zombie Tools guys are a riot to drink with!

Top Bottom