• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I bought this in a pawnshop today and was wondering if I should have it sharpened professionally or maybe sent to Randall to refurbish. The few small pits might just be chips from use as it seems to be in really good condition.

IMG_0130.jpg

Doing a a lot of research on it now as I know almost nothing about Randall Made. The snaps are smooth nickle so I guess it is older than 1995. So what say you INGO knife experts, leave it alone?

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    If I say some here might have a coronary. Way less than its value.

I hate you. I HATE you. I HATE YOU!!!!!!

Why the hell is it every time I hear stories about AWESOME pawn shop scores I get excited. Start hitting them again and a year later the only thing I have seen is a bunch of JUNK bikes, old electric snow blowers, stolen jewelry, and old DVD's of crappy Asian cartoons? :wallbash:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I haven't found any good pawn shops on the west side. Usually I find radios, speakers, lawn equipment, bikes, and old tools - ALL OVER PRICED! I'm not sure if they are aware they are selling outdated items for about what you can pay for them new.
    But I like your knife, that was a good find!

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I hate you. I HATE you. I HATE YOU!!!!!!

Why the hell is it every time I hear stories about AWESOME pawn shop scores I get excited. Start hitting them again and a year later the only thing I have seen is a bunch of JUNK bikes, old electric snow blowers, stolen jewelry, and old DVD's of crappy Asian cartoons? :wallbash:

I freely admit that I have an in at the shop I frequent. One has to have a person willing to let you know when something cool comes in. The person who took the Randall in did not know its value and gave a pittance for it. My contact called me when he found out about it and knew I would buy sight unseen.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Finding something like a Randall in a pawn shop below market value is one of those once in a lifetime deals.

It's a shame that the own didn't know the value of the time and that the pawn shop didn't tell them. I know that's how the game is played, but it's still sad.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Finding something like a Randall in a pawn shop below market value is one of those once in a lifetime deals.

It's a shame that the own didn't know the value of the time and that the pawn shop didn't tell them. I know that's how the game is played, but it's still sad.
    I read it as that the pawnshop employee who took it into inventory didn't know the value when he negotiated the pawn.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

That would also be unfortunate! Sounds like a "Chumley!"

The employee had never heard of Randall Made.

sounds like you 'all assume the person who brought it in is the "actual owner" and not some meth head tweeker who stole it from the rightful owner!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom