• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My cousin has decided that he wants a trench knife. Just to have one.

But he wants a quality one... One with the knuckle duster / knuckle guards. Like the old Mark I / 1918.

I've let him know of the Busse Argonne Assault. And actually found one for sale near his home... But I doubt that he'll pony up the $700 asking price.

I know that our very own MR Mayhem has teased folks on FB with some in-progress pics of his iteration (I'm almost positive, anyhow) and provided my cousin the link to that webstore with instructions to "watch it" when they're done and up for sale.

So - who else makes a DECENT quality trench knife? (The $12.00 Cold Steel ones don't count) - and neither does anything from United Cutlery. So - no "display" quality Chinesium crap...

IS there a middle ground somewhere between Cold Steel and Busse?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The Argonne Assault never fit my hands well either. You have to have huge hands for your fingers to go into each individual cut out perfectly.

I'd go with a Treeman......I've been looking over their stuff for a long time and would trust a Treeman as much as any other hard use knife
    https://www.treemanknives.com/treeman-combat-d-guard-knives

Or a Horton....but a knuckled Horton would go way more than $700

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The Argonne Assault never fit my hands well either. You have to have huge hands for your fingers to go into each individual cut out perfectly.

I'd go with a Treeman......I've been looking over their stuff for a long time and would trust a Treeman as much as any other hard use knife
    https://www.treemanknives.com/treeman-combat-d-guard-knives

Or a Horton....but a knuckled Horton would go way more than $700

Sweet! Thank you kindly!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    My cousin has decided that he wants a trench knife. Just to have one.

But he wants a quality one... One with the knuckle duster / knuckle guards. Like the old Mark I / 1918.

I've let him know of the Busse Argonne Assault. And actually found one for sale near his home... But I doubt that he'll pony up the $700 asking price.

I know that our very own MR Mayhem has teased folks on FB with some in-progress pics of his iteration (I'm almost positive, anyhow) and provided my cousin the link to that webstore with instructions to "watch it" when they're done and up for sale.

So - who else makes a DECENT quality trench knife? (The $12.00 Cold Steel ones don't count) - and neither does anything from United Cutlery. So - no "display" quality Chinesium crap...

IS there a middle ground somewhere between Cold Steel and Busse?

I received those back from heat treat and will take them to be surface ground tomorrow. It's probably a little overkill, but I like them nice and flat when I start grinding. I also like it because the G-10 handles screw right on with no gaps.

Have him look at the Treeman Combat Bowie. I've wanted to buy one for a long time, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

https://www.treemanknives.com/original-combat-8-d-guard

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I received those back from heat treat and will take them to be surface ground tomorrow. It's probably a little overkill, but I like them nice and flat when I start grinding. I also like it because the G-10 handles screw right on with no gaps.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos, man!!

Top Bottom