In honor of Rhino....I've joined the bloodletting club!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I've laid my fair share of grief on Rhino for his, umm, sharpness testing of his blades, so, it's only fair I share my recent message to him...

-To Rhino: subject, "Hey, it will cut!"

"Had to use that subject line - I figure you watch Forged in Fire.

I evidently felt the need to join your somewhat exclusive self-induced injury club.

Spyderco Endura full serrated. Stupid brain fail cutting cardboard TOWARD myself to not go toward a customer coming up to the counter I was using...

Six stitches, 3 hours in the ER waiting to be stitched up (and a WONDERFUL time of the nurse grinding away in the wound cleaning it up with iodine), and two and a half weeks of heal time with another week or so to go I'd guess...

give you grief all the time so thought I'd give you some ammo;)

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/we...s/library/Owie

have a good weekend"

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Thankfully the worst I have seen was not done by me. Myself and a past coworker had been fishing, got to his house to start cleaning them. He has his knife in hand, reaches behind him to pull his chair in as he is sitting down. His filet knife mistook his leg for a catfish and performed its duties quite well.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wonder if the serrated blade makes the wound harder to stitch?

I would assume it depends on the sharpness of the of the serrations and the design as well.
    Some serrated blades are so sharp that they actually cut like a straight edge.
    Some are more like a saw blade with sharp teeth and will rip material apart rather than cutting it.

Something like that will probably leave a mark:

FOPJSK6.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I would assume it depends on the sharpness of the of the serrations and the design as well.
    Some serrated blades are so sharp that they actually cut like a straight edge.
    Some are more like a saw blade with sharp teeth and will rip material apart rather than cutting it.

Something like that will probably leave a mark:

FOPJSK6.jpg

That's almost as scary as a gun. :runaway:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hand someone a knife and tell them it is sharp. Within a minute they will agree it is sharp and ask for a bandage.

I'm amazed how many people don't use sharp knives.
    Last time I handed my knife to someone they told me "wow it's sharp".Duh! :):
    And it wasn't even razor sharp.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I ordered a Spyderco one time and it came with a tiny box of bandaids.I thought it was a neat idea since you usually cut yourself within 5 minutes of playing with your new knife.
    I'm not sure from which company it was but they obviously know their customers.

They probably started doing that after they shipped a few blades to Rhino. :dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I ordered a Spyderco one time and it came with a tiny box of bandaids.I thought it was a neat idea since you usually cut yourself within 5 minutes of playing with your new knife.
    I'm not sure from which company it was but they obviously know their customers.

They probably started doing that after they shipped a few blades to Rhino. :dunno:

I need my own brand of first-aid supplies!

Top Bottom