Does anyone know of a knifemaker in the Poseyville area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    I've heard rumor about a knifemaker here in South-Western Indiana in the Poseyville area. Yeah, it's a little in the sticks, but it turns out that a friend of mine wants a special knife and he wanted it from this particular knifemaker.

But, slap me on the ass and call me Francine if I can't find out who the guy is.

Any help would be appreciated. . .with finding the guy, not the ass-slapping.

The Professor

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    shootersix is into cutlery and may know. Also might check knife sellers at the local gun shows . Whoever it is might set up there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would ask on bladeforums.com and knifeforums.com.

And say "Hi!" to Mrs. Professor for me.

I've heard rumor about a knifemaker here in South-Western Indiana in the Poseyville area. Yeah, it's a little in the sticks, but it turns out that a friend of mine wants a special knife and he wanted it from this particular knifemaker.

But, slap me on the ass and call me Francine if I can't find out who the guy is.

Any help would be appreciated. . .with finding the guy, not the ass-slapping.

The Professor

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    "SMACK!" hey Francine!

sorry I cant help, best I can say is to go to the next gunshow at the 4h it'll be December 9-10th the knifemakers guild sets up there and they have 3-4 guys who sell, and I bet they'll know who your asking about

they set up sometimes at the armory show, but weren't there last time the next show there is that'll be sept 22-24th

the only other thing I can say, is I bought a knife made in newburgh by michael smith, I have his phone number at home, tonight ill pm it to you, he might know who and how to contact the gent you're looking for

but for drooling purposes here's the knife mike made

View attachment 56706

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's a nice knife! Is it a drop point or a semi-skinner? Hard to tell from the photo.

"SMACK!" hey Francine!

sorry I cant help, best I can say is to go to the next gunshow at the 4h it'll be December 9-10th the knifemakers guild sets up there and they have 3-4 guys who sell, and I bet they'll know who your asking about

they set up sometimes at the armory show, but weren't there last time the next show there is that'll be sept 22-24th

the only other thing I can say, is I bought a knife made in newburgh by michael smith, I have his phone number at home, tonight ill pm it to you, he might know who and how to contact the gent you're looking for

but for drooling purposes here's the knife mike made

View attachment 56706

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    That's a nice knife! Is it a drop point or a semi-skinner? Hard to tell from the photo.
    its a drop point, bordering on a semi skinner, the blade isn't as up-swept as most skinners are!

thanks rhino! coming from you, thats a hellofa comment! you own a few nice one's yourself!

i have a weird personal policy, i don't own any guns i wont carry or shoot, but i have knives that i don't carry or use!, that's one of my favorite knives, and the first real handmade knife i bought! it's a beauty, and a work of art!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    its a drop point, bordering on a semi skinner, the blade isn't as up-swept as most skinners are!

thanks rhino! coming from you, thats a hellofa comment! you own a few nice one's yourself!

i have a weird personal policy, i don't own any guns i wont carry or shoot, but i have knives that i don't carry or use!, that's one of my favorite knives, and the first real handmade knife i bought! it's a beauty, and a work of art!

You should use it!

Top Bottom