• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Hmmmm. Spiderco seems to have some very good grounds as stated in the article. But then said the lawsuit against another was dropped. 2 mil per knife type and 500 per each sale. Hmmmm. Expensive asking price and self determined it would seem.

Ebay does not sell the items. eBay does not make the fake products. eBay does ban accounts selling fake goods. The sellers are the ones making selling and advertising the items. eBay does provide a marketing service of sorts. What eBay does have is very thick pockets.

So the spider sees a fly so to speak.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Hmmmm. Spiderco seems to have some very good grounds as stated in the article. But then said the lawsuit against another was dropped. 2 mil per knife type and 500 per each sale. Hmmmm. Expensive asking price and self determined it would seem.

Ebay does not sell the items. eBay does not make the fake products. eBay does ban accounts selling fake goods. The sellers are the ones making selling and advertising the items. eBay does provide a marketing service of sorts. What eBay does have is very thick pockets.

So the spider sees a fly so to speak.

While I will agree with almost everything you have said, Ebay does not always ban accounts selling fake/counterfeit goods. Yes, it is stated in their policy, but I can tell you from personally spending time on Ebay along with numerous other people that I know that have report counterfeits, that Ebay doesn't always remove the sale/item or ban the seller's account. Far to many times I have seen an item that was reported as counterfeit end up being sold, and when the item has been removed by Ebay, that same seller is back at it within a week.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Good. I can't tell you how many counterfeit knives I've reported only to see either nothing be done or it's right back up again by the same seller.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Most of my experience with eBay has been in the distance past. Had a ton of PEZ stuff so was using eBay before it really was eBay.
    the PEZ stuff is long gone but was able to get the stock a long time ago also. So maybe it is time to get rid of the rest of the stock also. As a very early user was allowed to purchase the stock on the IPO and it has made very nice returns in the past.

As as far as fakes go anything can be faked. Headlight batteries purses shirts cellphones drugs ect. Not surprised to see outdoor related equipment in the mix.

The feedback must not be working correctly. The banning must not be working or there are not enough patrolling the sellers or the sellers are so many that it overwhelms the system. Back in the begining an account with feedback that an item was a fake would be enough to stop future sales. The account would be banned (often showing back up with a new account name) and the items for sale removed. I do not think anything has been purchased from eBay since the forced pay pal stuff started.

Amazon / eBay Allie ba ha ect. All have fakes and counterfeit items often directly shipped from the back alley in a foreign country. Less trouble shipping 110,000 fake batteries four at a time then 110,000 in a shipping container and going thru custom checks.

What it all comes down to is GREED. As Gordon said in Wall Street "greed is good" (anti hero Gordon). Greed seems everywhere in the as the producer seller buyer and eBay all seem to be greedy. So maybe a.nice lawsuit is in order.

Walking Bear

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Floyds Knobs
    If you google a particular knife for sale the ad made say clone but more often then not they do not. Let the buyer beware and research I have always felt if a price is too good to be true there must be a reason.

Top Bottom