• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    made in Solingen Germany, imported by a little old man in York Pa back in the 50`s and 60`s, the top one was my Dad`s, I found it in pieces in the bottom of an old tool box, my brother had the scabbard but did not know what it was for. I bought the bottom one at a gun show and used it as a pattern to put Dad`s back together. anyone else own one? they are kind of rare in our area, but common back east.

Attachments

• york 001.JPG
      york 001.JPG
      60.7 KB · Views: 28

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    When I was a kid, we lived in Chester Co, PA. My Dad used to take me to the coolest place on the planet, Country Knives in Intercourse, which was about 40 minutes from us if I remember correctly. I haven't been there since the 1980's but as soon as I saw those knives, it reminded me of that store and some of the knives there that I drooled over as a kid. I'm betting at least some of them were that brand. York is only about 45 min from Intercourse so that would make sense that the largest knife store in the state would carry some of them.

That store is still going strong if you ever find yourself in that area. If you want more info on the brand, I bet someone at the shop could provide some info:

https://www.countryknives.com/product-category/sporting-and-outdoor/

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    There was a York Cutlery that had a line of straight razors in the late 1800's.I do not know if it is the same company though.

Top Bottom