• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Since moving to Charlotte I have a job that requires me to dress up every day, and not carrying some sort of knife has me feeling lonely and helpless.

I'm looking for some suggestions on a small, lightweight folder, that packs some quality behind it. Probably also need some suggestions on how you all carry a folder in dress pants, other than just throwing it in your pocket. I have not found a pair of pants that you can actually utilize the clip for it's intended purpose.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You didnt give a price range so how much this suggestion may or may not hurt your wallet is 100% not my fault. Look in Chris Reeve Knives specifically the small Sebenza on the Mnandi , they look fantastic, non-threatening and CRK even gives you a little leather pouch for the knife to act as a pocket sheath when wearing dress pants.

4xYHaiGh.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You didnt give a price range so how much this suggestion may or may not hurt your wallet is 100% not my fault. Look in Chris Reeve Knives specifically the small Sebenza on the Mnandi , they look fantastic, non-threatening and CRK even gives you a little leather pouch for the knife to act as a pocket sheath when wearing dress pants.

4xYHaiGh.jpg

:Drool:

I believe there is one of these in the classy's right now.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    For a super classy production knife, the Sebenza and Mnandi are great options. For a less expensive production knife, the ZT 0450, 0450CF, or the 0770CF are great options

I just had Chuck Gedraitis build me a knife, the bronze bolsters added some weight but it feels dressy yet pretty stout

o38x681.jpg

Not the best pic, was taken in a hotel room when he handed her over

He has a lot of different grinds and does mini versions a lot of the time. Pretty classy/dressy stuff and he can build it exactly how you need/want it

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My dress knife is a Kershaw Leek.

Sleek, light, thin, great quality, inexpensive, assisted opening (lockable), sharp as hell out of the box.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Since moving to Charlotte I have a job that requires me to dress up every day, and not carrying some sort of knife has me feeling lonely and helpless.

I'm looking for some suggestions on a small, lightweight folder, that packs some quality behind it. Probably also need some suggestions on how you all carry a folder in dress pants, other than just throwing it in your pocket. I have not found a pair of pants that you can actually utilize the clip for it's intended purpose.

If I may be so bold, I think a Chris Reeve small Sebenza fits the bill! Something like this:

rimg.php

rimg.php

As da mouse mentioned . . . there is one available in the classifieds!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have several pair of VertX slacks which have a nice angle on the pocket that's great for hanging a knife. The knife of choice for me is a Benchmade Nakamura but not the regular one, the carbon fiber version with blue accents and s90v steel.

BM4841.jpg

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I use a Kershaw Leek as a money clip ( with 10 or so dollar bills it breaks up the outline of the knife that way) when I dress up.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Does it have to be a folding knife?

Neck knives seem like the better option here. Then you don't worry about the pants at all. Your shirt can't be slim-fitting, though.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I like the suggestions for the Sebenza, I'd like to pick one up myself but can't justify the price tag right now. I will agree with that other individual that the Kershaw Leek may be classy enough for you as well if you're looking for something cheaper.

If you would prefer a multitool Victorinox sells their Swiss Tools with some nice looking leather belt sheaths or you could go with Swiss Army Alox for pocket carry. The good thing about a SAK is that they don't appear threatening to normal people but if you need the knife to have a thumbstud or something else this option isn't going to work.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    It's "not a knife, it's a tool. And the company box cutter is never where I need it."
    Black pants, black belt, black clip on knife. Inside of pants right behind 3 o'clock belt loop and clip covered by belt. Only one person has ever commented. (I know, I know, once may be to many times)

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My EDC knife works dressed up and dressed down. One reason is size and light weight. I can carry clipped in my front pocket like most people do but is also adapts to other carry locations. I can appendix(?) carry at 1:00 o'clock by tucking it inside my pants with the clip hidden behind my belt. I can also carry it in the chest pocket of a dress shirt by clipping it too an index card size of thin, stiff cardboard. The cardboard keeps it upward oriented and secure in a shirt pocket but readily accessible. I can also carry it inside a front pocket and will sometimes use it as a money clip.

Benchmade 530 Pardue AXIS Folder 3.25" Satin Plain Blade, Grivory Handles

BM530anw.jpg

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    when I used to dress for my job (office) I carried one of these
    View attachment 61644
    or this
    View attachment 61645
    with the gold pocket clip on the crkt, I assumed people thought it was a fancy pocket knife, and not a weapon, and the Kershaw was really small

I still carry the crkt when I dress "fancy", but since I wear a uniform at work now (I look like I work in a repair shop), I carry a hk scorch
    View attachment 61646

one of the office ladies saw it and said "that's a weapon, you aren't supposed to have that at work", I replied "that's not a weapon, its my pocket knife, if I wanted a weapon, I'd carry the box cutter the company issues me"

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    one of the office ladies saw it and said "that's a weapon, you aren't supposed to have that at work", I replied "that's not a weapon, its my pocket knife, if I wanted a weapon, I'd carry the box cutter the company issues me"

Was she blonde? Remember, a joke isn't funny if you have to explain it to someone.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Was she blonde? Remember, a joke isn't funny if you have to explain it to someone.

she wasn't freaking out, she knows me, and we've worked together for 10 years (she works in another part of the building now) so she wasn't really serious about it being a weapon

Top Bottom