• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I searched the forums and located nothing on this topic, but point me in the right direction if I missed something.

I have had a Spyderco Endura 4 for a few years now and recently got the pocket clip caught on something as I walked by. It bent as a result and will not clip securely to my pocket anymore. Is there a Spyderco dealer in the Indianpolis area that may have a pocket clip? I looked on Spyderco's website and found that they sell them, but I would like to avoid waiting the couple weeks if possible.

Thanks in advance.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I know Brad is a Spyderco dealer (Bradsknives).

I've bent the clip on my Delica before. So much that it was bent about 1cm off of the knife scale. I just stuck it in a vise and bent it back. Works perfect now.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My Pacific Salt clip got caught and destroyed the plastic around it(it’s not the three screw type). Now the clip is virtually useless, rendering the knife almost useless to me.:(

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    I am bad about catching mine on things and bending them. So, I have gotten pretty good at taking them off and bending them back in a vise. Saves a lot of money.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I too have bent the clip on a Gerber or Benchmade & just removed the screws & bent it back & went on, I am also one of the guys who has multiples of the same knife & have one with the clip removed for cargo parts.. I was a maintenance tech before retirement & a knife is a tool & nothing else to me.. I have one with me 100% of the time..

rimg.php

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I removed all clips from my knives after losing an expensive Benchmade that was clipped to my pocket. The knife was new and the clip was very tight. Never again. Clips are NOT a secure way to attach a knife to your person. My knives go in a belt sheath or in a deep pocket. I also really dislike talking to nosey cops who see your knife and want to know what that is.

Last edited:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I removed all clips from my knives after losing an expensive Benchmade that was clipped to my pocket. The knife was new and the clip was very tight. Never again. Clips are NOT a secure way to attach a knife to your person. My knives go in a belt sheath or in a deep pocket. I also really dislike talking to nosey cops who see your knife and want to know what that is.

Interesting. Did you clip the knife on your pocket with the knife outside of it? My EDC is an Endura with it clipped to my pocket, with the knife inside and I have yet to have it fall out. I have been carrying it this way for almost 5 years now.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    My Benchmade was clipped tightly into a jeans pocket and I believe it got picked off by a shopping cart. Here's the thing - I used to work on an airfield and employees would carry several radios, keyrings, flashlights and tools "clipped on" to their clothing every day and you were constantly getting in and out of trucks and crawling up and down ladders and bucket lifts and fighting heavy rubber hoses and static lines. And every time one of them lost something we had to go out and search the entire airfield and find it. One night we had a guy who drove a tug down and active runway and lost a big ring of keys. That runway had to shut down until we found them. We did but it pissed off the air traffic controller and a bunch of pilots. All of my guys were required to have everything in a sheath attached to their belt after that. No loose stuff. Clips are for kids.......

Top Bottom