• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have been slowly getting back into knives again and am looking to splurge a bit on a knife I normally wouldn't. I'm looking at getting a new Emerson wave folder or possibly a Spartan fixed blade. I have never owned anything from these companies but both have several offerings I've been drooling over for a while. Can anyone make any suggestions positive or negative about offerings from either company? Also, I know I am getting a ESEE PR4 here soon so if any positives or negatives please share.

This used to be a great knife forum so lets try and get some good threads going again!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You want either an Zero Tolerance 0620 or 0630, you would have to move fast as ZT is discontinuing these models but these are hands down the best "Emerson" knives ever made. Both models were a collaboration between Emerson Knives and Zero Tolerance knives. So for ~$100 less than allot of Emerson knives you get a titanium frame lock, S35VN steel, and fit and finish that does not look like garbage plus all the ZT knives are made in the USA as well. I have owned everything from a Emerson CQC-7 to a full custom hand made Super Roadhouse and honestly the ZT is the best built knife out of any of them. :twocents:

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Zero-Tolerance-0620-Emerson-Knife--21378

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    You guys have me thinking I need to give ZT another look. I haven't handled one in quite a while but must say I like the heft and build quality of them.

Sheltie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Indiana
    Emerson knives leave me feeling like I paid too much for the knife. I have one Emerson that I kept which is a CQC-10. I think you should try a Emerson out just to see what it is all about. Its a knife guy right of passage. :D

One of the best money savings things I done and well worth the time was to drive to a Ohio knife store and try several out.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’m a self professed Emerson Fanboy, have twenty or so. Some people like’em some hate them, but they work, and they work hard. I am also a huge fan of Spartan Blades, the guys are great, the blades are even better. I’ve got several fixed Spartans, and one folder, the Kranos, and I love it. The Spartan fixed Blades I have are the Horkos, Velos, Enyo, and the Phrike, I am waiting on a Harsey Difensa to get here.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have been slowly getting back into knives again and am looking to splurge a bit on a knife I normally wouldn't. I'm looking at getting a new Emerson wave folder or possibly a Spartan fixed blade. I have never owned anything from these companies but both have several offerings I've been drooling over for a while. Can anyone make any suggestions positive or negative about offerings from either company? Also, I know I am getting a ESEE PR4 here soon so if any positives or negatives please share.

This used to be a great knife forum so lets try and get some good threads going again!

So are you definitely going with either an Emerson or a Spartan? Lots of other cool choices out there.

What do you want to do with it and what is your budget range?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have been looking at the Emerson's for a while and they just have been catching my eye more lately. I have Spyderco and Benchmade knives so looking to try something different. The Zero Tolerance line however looks to be more the route I should go after taking some input and doing some research. Spartan just has a couple of designs I am really loving. They have for a while but its always been that pull of "is it worth it" vs practicality. I want a knife I can use it is not and will not be a show piece. I have several knife brands now just looking to expand the base a bit.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have been looking at the Emerson's for a while and they just have been catching my eye more lately. I have Spyderco and Benchmade knives so looking to try something different. The Zero Tolerance line however looks to be more the route I should go after taking some input and doing some research. Spartan just has a couple of designs I am really loving. They have for a while but its always been that pull of "is it worth it" vs practicality. I want a knife I can use it is not and will not be a show piece. I have several knife brands now just looking to expand the base a bit.

I would suggest looking at Strider Knives and Microtech as well. Specifically the Strider SnG and Microtech Stitch both are very well made knives that you can use every day.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I've been going "utility first" lately, thus the LT Wright and Battlehorse you see in my topic about my new kydex sheaths.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Dont know what the op got. But I have a zt 0620cf, and I cant imagine him being disapointed with one of them.

Top Bottom