• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Slow Hand met me at Parabellum tonight to deliver these beauties!

They are kydex "dangler" sheaths for a BattleHorse Knives Smokey Mountain Razor & an LT Wright Genesis. I am very pleased with the results!

Note how they cover a lot of the grip. I asked Slow Hand to essentially duplicate the leather dangler sheaths that came with them, both of which cover about the same amount of the grip. It prevents you from getting a "using grip" while the knives are still sheathed, but retention is about as good as it can get and still allow the knives to pull free. Another feature is that these knives will spend most of their time riding in a bag with other gear, so now they are full protected and are less likely to rust as they were in the leather.

Slow Hand does excellent work!

eXW1XTH
    eXW1XTH.jpg
    BTvDtKp.jpg
    r1cfqve.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Very nice! I like the loop for the ferro rod. Hey Rhino, I hear fire-building didn't go so well at the low light shoot?

I was trying to do a one stick fire. My primary mistake was not splitting stick and scraping/feathering the wood on the inside. It would have been dry compared to the shavings and dust I scraped from the outside. The stick I was using felt dry to me . . . but I'm a notoriously bad judge of that. From now on, unless I know my one stick is bone dry, I'll split it and work with the inner part for my tinder.

As soon as the weather gets a little better, I'm going out to practice again!

The Battlehorse on the left is a wood-processing beast, by the way. It's thicker than I usually like (5/32" at the spine), but with the scandi grind it whittle very well and the thicker blade makes it better for splitting if you have to baton. And it' snot going to break. The Genesis has a flat grind and is 1/8" at the spine. It's a slicer and a great utility knife that I could also use for wood processing if I want, but it's a do-all tool.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I really like that Genesis knife. How many shekels do they want for one of those? (and if dats none o my business just say so) What type of steel? I think one of the best features of those sheaths is he used Phillips screws and not Torx. I didn't know you could get Chicago screws with a Phillips head. Very nice work.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I really like that Genesis knife. How many shekels do they want for one of those? What type of steel?

Price depends on where you get it, handle materials, and blade steel. On knivesshipfree.com, the A2 versions start at $210.

Mine has a 1/8" CPM 3V flat grind blade with matte green micarta.

One of the vendors has them with a 3/32" AEB-L stainless blade. I'm not buying knive for a while, but that is hard to resist!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Agreed. Gun holsters too. I made my old Izula sheath "taco" style, and my Kydex holsters are "taco" style from JM Custom. I don't know why more people don't do them like that other than it being more difficult to get everything lined up right.

Thanks. It seems that so many knife sheathes are way bigger than they need to be.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom