Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

CRKT Crawford Kasper

I work with an older guy who has a CRKT Crawford Kasper, he swears by this knife and says they don't make them anymore, he is 83 and doesn't do the net, so today while looking I found several places that have them for around $20 , then I see they are made in China, my question is was the original ones made in America or some other place and is the China version junk ?
    Ephesians 5 & 6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmMarc View Post
    I work with an older guy who has a CRKT Crawford Kasper, he swears by this knife and says they don't make them anymore, he is 83 and doesn't do the net, so today while looking I found several places that have them for around $20 , then I see they are made in China, my question is was the original ones made in America or some other place and is the China version junk ?
    Sounds like the old guy likes his knife and wants it to be special to him. Let it go. He's 83.

Sometimes selective memory is a gift you can give somebody else.
    Training, SOLDIER!

Master

User Info Menu

As far as I know the CRKT version Crawford Kasper knife has always been manufactured in China which is not to be confused with an actual Crawford Kasper knife (custom) that was designed by Bob Kasper (RIP) and built by custom knife maker Pat Crawford.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Sounds like the old guy likes his knife and wants it to be special to him. Let it go. He's 83.

Sometimes selective memory is a gift you can give somebody else.
    I am trying to find him another one because he wants one, but I don't want to buy a knock off or something reproduced like trash.
    Ephesians 5 & 6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmMarc View Post
    I am trying to find him another one because he wants one, but I don't want to buy a knock off or something reproduced like trash.
    I see. Ask to see his one day. Look for the made in china stamp. Some knives made in China are not of poor quality.

For $20 it's almost worth ordering just as research..
    Training, SOLDIER!

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    I see. Ask to see his one day. Look for the made in china stamp. Some knives made in China are not of poor quality.

For $20 it's almost worth ordering just as research..
    Exactly, the days of associating "junk and poor quality" for a knife that is manufactured in China are over. The Chinese have caught up, and in a lot of cases surpassed other world manufactures in quality....this includes knives that are manufactured in the USA. Here are just two (there are many more) manufacturers from China that currently are manufacturing very high quality knives that are as good as, if not better than anything being made in the USA.

Reate Knives https://reateknives.com/

WE Knife Co Ltd. http://www.weknife.com/

User Info Menu

I carried 2 of these the 2nd time I went to Iraq. They performed well. I think if you get them from a reputable dealer, you won't have a problem.

Bob

Plinker

User Info Menu

I've seen his knife but never paid attention to where it was made, he just insisted they don't make them anymore and said he'd love to have a couple more, so I ordered them just to give the guy a surprise, he works hard for 83 years old we have 50 year olds that won't work as much as he does.
    I liked his knife but thought it was too big for EDC , if I carried something that big I would just carry a fixed blade, I prefer Benchmade 590.
    Ephesians 5 & 6

User Info Menu

Buy him a spyderco manix, and tell him you couldn’t find one of those out of production crkt’s.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    Buy him a spyderco manix, and tell him you couldn’t find one of those out of production crkt’s.
    shouldn't that be in purple ?
    I like my Para Military 2 , I'll check that manix out
    Ephesians 5 & 6

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast