Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    170

    CRKT Crawford Kasper

    I work with an older guy who has a CRKT Crawford Kasper, he swears by this knife and says they don't make them anymore, he is 83 and doesn't do the net, so today while looking I found several places that have them for around $20 , then I see they are made in China, my question is was the original ones made in America or some other place and is the China version junk ?
    Ephesians 5 & 6

  2. #2
    Grandmaster patience0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Morgantown
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmMarc View Post
    I work with an older guy who has a CRKT Crawford Kasper, he swears by this knife and says they don't make them anymore, he is 83 and doesn't do the net, so today while looking I found several places that have them for around $20 , then I see they are made in China, my question is was the original ones made in America or some other place and is the China version junk ?
    Sounds like the old guy likes his knife and wants it to be special to him. Let it go. He's 83.

    Sometimes selective memory is a gift you can give somebody else.
    Lollipop Killer!

  3. #3
    Knifeholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Greenfield, IN.
    Posts
    4,171
    As far as I know the CRKT version Crawford Kasper knife has always been manufactured in China which is not to be confused with an actual Crawford Kasper knife (custom) that was designed by Bob Kasper (RIP) and built by custom knife maker Pat Crawford.

  4. #4
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Sounds like the old guy likes his knife and wants it to be special to him. Let it go. He's 83.

    Sometimes selective memory is a gift you can give somebody else.
    I am trying to find him another one because he wants one, but I don't want to buy a knock off or something reproduced like trash.
    Ephesians 5 & 6

  5. #5
    Grandmaster patience0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Morgantown
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmMarc View Post
    I am trying to find him another one because he wants one, but I don't want to buy a knock off or something reproduced like trash.
    I see. Ask to see his one day. Look for the made in china stamp. Some knives made in China are not of poor quality.

    For $20 it's almost worth ordering just as research..
    Lollipop Killer!

  6. #6
    Knifeholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Greenfield, IN.
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    I see. Ask to see his one day. Look for the made in china stamp. Some knives made in China are not of poor quality.

    For $20 it's almost worth ordering just as research..
    Exactly, the days of associating "junk and poor quality" for a knife that is manufactured in China are over. The Chinese have caught up, and in a lot of cases surpassed other world manufactures in quality....this includes knives that are manufactured in the USA. Here are just two (there are many more) manufacturers from China that currently are manufacturing very high quality knives that are as good as, if not better than anything being made in the USA.

    Reate Knives https://reateknives.com/

    WE Knife Co Ltd. http://www.weknife.com/

  7. #7
    Expert flatlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    1,605
    I carried 2 of these the 2nd time I went to Iraq. They performed well. I think if you get them from a reputable dealer, you won't have a problem.

    Bob

  8. #8
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    170
    I've seen his knife but never paid attention to where it was made, he just insisted they don't make them anymore and said he'd love to have a couple more, so I ordered them just to give the guy a surprise, he works hard for 83 years old we have 50 year olds that won't work as much as he does.
    I liked his knife but thought it was too big for EDC , if I carried something that big I would just carry a fixed blade, I prefer Benchmade 590.
    Ephesians 5 & 6

  9. #9
    Master seedubs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,040
    Buy him a spyderco manix, and tell him you couldn’t find one of those out of production crkt’s.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

  10. #10
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    Buy him a spyderco manix, and tell him you couldn’t find one of those out of production crkt’s.
    shouldn't that be in purple ?
    I like my Para Military 2 , I'll check that manix out

    Ephesians 5 & 6

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •