• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I came by this information quite by accident. Don't want to say too much, actually don't know that much, but apparently someone from in or around the Indianapolis area made it to the finals of Forged In Fire. If it happens to be someone on this forum, GOOD LUCK!!! AND I HOPE YOUR BLADE WILL KEEEEL!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I thought the show was corny and hard to watch, but cool to have a local maker involved. I can only think of one in central Indiana who actually forges so curious who it is

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think they have to sign an agreement not to talk about the show until it airs. I have no Idea who it may be. And I'd hate to be the one that got him or her in trouble, there have been a couple of ladies on the show. I just wanted to give a shout out to that person and wish them Luck. Chances are slim it's someone from this forum, but ya never know.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    There was one guy from New Paris that I remember seeing on there.
    I recognized his barn from driving by there a couple of times.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I thought the show was corny and hard to watch, but cool to have a local maker involved. I can only think of one in central Indiana who actually forges so curious who it is

You really don't like the show? That's surprising, to say the least. I love the show!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I thought the kid from northern Indiana was pretty good, morgan medllin, he was 20 when he was on the show, but made a heck of a knife, but his sword had stress cracks in it, and I don't remember if they didn't test it, or it broke, they had him back on the show (I think it was a redemption show)

at his age, he has lots of talent, and I wouldn't mind owning one of his blades!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    You really don't like the show? That's surprising, to say the least. I love the show!

It is one of the few shows TV that I make a point to watch. Based on the previews, the new spinoff looks like it could be a bit corny but has the potential to be interesting.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Makers rush to make an object that doesn't reflect their actual skill. More focused on what can you make in x amount of time vs what you can actually make, it's a bad reflection of maker's work and creativity.

Plus the kill thing.......there's too many corny TV sayings anymore so that just really killed my interest

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I don't know. I think it's a great reflection of the person's abilities. Anyone can make a great knife if they were given enough time, it's the severe time limits that really show skill.

Obviously, opinions may vary.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    It's a fun show. Doug Marcaida's regular, solemn pronouncement, "Your blade . . . will kill," is always appreciated.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    My daughter and I watch it all the time and are still trying to catch up on old episodes on demand. We try to guess who is going forward or what might fail and have a good time with it. The most frustrating thing is when they don't get to do all of the tests due to a failure. ;) (Oooh, apple slice/water bottle slice test! Bet someone's blade is going to break and we won't get to see it.)

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I enjoy listening to the judged as the work is being done.Every show,I seem to learn something new. J.Neilson is a very accomplished Bladesmith.There are vids where he takes the other judges into his shop,and makes them make their own knives. Doug's vids are very very good also.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I was flipping through the channels last night while surfing the web and saw this show listed and passed it up. A couple minutes later, I saw this thread, so I went back and tuned into the show. I watched two episodes and really enjoyed it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I saw it when it first aired. I was like, meh, it's OK.

Then my wife saw it and was hooked. It beats the alternative, her watching Hallmark Channel movies.:puke:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I love the show so much I am considering making my own forge. I have done some research on YouTube and have seen many ways to make one. But since I have an old air compressor tank laying around, and I have seen many videos using one of those. And While "Arthur Itis" has kinda beat me up over the years. I figure what the hell, if I'm no good at blade making, I'll have a functioning forge to sell to someone!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good friend of mine has been trying to get on that show. I may call him up and see what's up. Doubt it's him though, he hasn't said anything on faceplace, and he's still a little raw.

https://www.pintaram.com/u/nagelhaus_forge

UPDATE: Just got the word that he got on. His episode will be airing May 28th @ 9P on the History Channel it will be a military veterans episode. Jon Nagel.

Top Bottom