Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Another local on Forged In Fire

I came by this information quite by accident. Don't want to say too much, actually don't know that much, but apparently someone from in or around the Indianapolis area made it to the finals of Forged In Fire. If it happens to be someone on this forum, GOOD LUCK!!! AND I HOPE YOUR BLADE WILL KEEEEL!
    Those who fail to remember the past are DOOMED to repeat it.

User Info Menu

Good friend of mine has been trying to get on that show. I may call him up and see what's up. Doubt it's him though, he hasn't said anything on faceplace, and he's still a little raw.

https://www.pintaram.com/u/nagelhaus_forge
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

M67

User Info Menu

I thought the show was corny and hard to watch, but cool to have a local maker involved. I can only think of one in central Indiana who actually forges so curious who it is

User Info Menu

I think they have to sign an agreement not to talk about the show until it airs. I have no Idea who it may be. And I'd hate to be the one that got him or her in trouble, there have been a couple of ladies on the show. I just wanted to give a shout out to that person and wish them Luck. Chances are slim it's someone from this forum, but ya never know.
    Those who fail to remember the past are DOOMED to repeat it.

User Info Menu

There was one guy from New Paris that I remember seeing on there.
    I recognized his barn from driving by there a couple of times.
    Life member NRA
    Life member VHA
    Member OGCA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M67 View Post
    I thought the show was corny and hard to watch, but cool to have a local maker involved. I can only think of one in central Indiana who actually forges so curious who it is
    You really don't like the show? That's surprising, to say the least. I love the show!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I thought the kid from northern Indiana was pretty good, morgan medllin, he was 20 when he was on the show, but made a heck of a knife, but his sword had stress cracks in it, and I don't remember if they didn't test it, or it broke, they had him back on the show (I think it was a redemption show)

at his age, he has lots of talent, and I wouldn't mind owning one of his blades!
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    You really don't like the show? That's surprising, to say the least. I love the show!
    It is one of the few shows TV that I make a point to watch. Based on the previews, the new spinoff looks like it could be a bit corny but has the potential to be interesting.

M67

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Makers rush to make an object that doesn't reflect their actual skill. More focused on what can you make in x amount of time vs what you can actually make, it's a bad reflection of maker's work and creativity.

Plus the kill thing.......there's too many corny TV sayings anymore so that just really killed my interest

User Info Menu

I don't know. I think it's a great reflection of the person's abilities. Anyone can make a great knife if they were given enough time, it's the severe time limits that really show skill.

Obviously, opinions may vary.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast