• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I was fooling around on Amazon a few weeks ago when I found this knife by Oerla. I liked the way it looked and for the price I wondered if it was any good. The reviews were very good so for $25 I figured why not try it. I was surprised about how GREAT this knife is. Super smooth flipping action, sturdy, sturdy built, sharp blade, G10 handles that are not super aggressive but give good grip, and felt great in my hand. I have carried it quite a bit and really like it. Not sure what caused the discoloration on the blade, but it needs a good cleaning so that might fix it. If you are looking for a cheap yet capable knife this is it.
    20180602_174444_HDR.jpg
    20180602_174455.jpg
    20180602_174505.jpg
    20180602_174739.jpg
    In the last picture you can see how thick the blade spine is. I do wish there was a smaller version, this one is pretty hefty, but I can't complain about such a great knife for the money.

https://www.amazon.com/Oerla-Foldin...8&qid=1527977076&sr=8-3&keywords=oerla+knives

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looks nice! I might have to recommend this to DoggyMama for a Fathers Day gift for... someone... :whistle: My CRKT crapped out and I've been carrying my free NRA pocket knife, which is actually pretty decent for a Chinese "cheapo" knife but I'd like something a little sturdier.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My "Fathers Day" present arrived last night and I just opened it up. I like it! Could stand a little sharpening but I think I'll really like it. Love the heavy blade and it appears to be well-made. Thanks again for the heads up! :yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bumping this with an update. Still loving this knife, but it has taught me the value of a pocket clip. I'd always carried small to medium pocket knives, and never bothered with a clip, even if one was present, so I carried this one the same. In the past couple of weeks I noticed some of my shorts had holes worn in the leg over my right pocket. Couldn't figure out what was going on. With the first pair, I just assumed I'd snagged the shorts on something. The second pair - odd, but probably the same. When the third pair developed the hole, I finally realized that this knife was so heavy and the thumb assist protruded enough that it was actually wearing through my pants! Not through the pocket though... just the pants. I've started using the clip now, and I think that'll resolve that problem.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I bought one of these recently based on the positive reviews here and so far I like it. I also bought one of these at the same time and I think I like it even better. So far it seems to be very well built, sharp and very smooth opening for just $20.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    The edge out of the box on mine was pretty decent especially for the price point. Sometimes I like to carry cheap knives like this that I can honestly beat the hell out of if necessary and not worry about it too much. This one's in the rotation with my kershaw's now. It feels brickish compared to them but sometimes that's a good thing, the pocket clip has a lot to be desired but other than that it's a damn good knife for the $

Top Bottom