• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    A coworker is looking for a folding knife for his father in law who has Parkinson's disease. His hands are quite shaky. I am thinking an assisted opening folder that isn't a liner lock. I think the liner lock would be too difficult to close and expose his fingers closely to the blade. Is there an assisted opener that has a push button lock to close that is still a decent knife? He wants to stay under $50.

thedreamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Delaware County
    You could look at something like the Twitch II. I wouldn’t recommend that exact knife as I have one and it has been sent back twice for a broken safety lock issue. But something similar might work. Or maybe an automatic knife though that may be more than they are wanting to spend. I’m also a member on Blade forums and that place is a wealth of information.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    If your coworker would consider an auto instead of an assisted opening knife, I would suggest looking at the Boker AK74 auto. It's a button lock auto. Decent quality for the price point, and can be purchased for under $50.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I am late to the party, but if you are looking for an inexpensive alternative with push-button lock - try the Gerber Skyridge.

They have a really interesting blade profile and the handle is a little thicker than other knives of its size, which ought to be helpful for someone with his condition.

Top Bottom