• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have remained strong. I actually walked away from Brads deal at the last 1500.
    Oh I saw some cool stuff.
    But I was strong.
    And Brad was not starving...:):

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    guys cut the "purple pachyderm" some slack....its not that he doesn't want a new knife, its that he cant afford a new knife, what with all the band aids and Neosporin he as to buy!

(get it cut!!!!!) :hehe:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm taking vacation days this week . . . so I have fewer distractions to help me through the day.

. . . the pull of cutlery available for purchase online is strong . . .

. . . Brad's phone number is on speed dial . . .

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Uh-oh.

DLT's annual exclusive Buck 110 is available now: https://www.dlttrading.com/buck-110-ultimate-hunter-s35vn-limited-edition-black-linen-micarta

BUCK-MAIN__31438.1529608823.1280.1280.jpg

[h=3]Buck 110 Ultimate Hunter[/h]Each year DLT works with Buck Knives and their special projects division to keep pushing the envelope on the Buck 110 with the intent of building the best Folding Hunter on the market. Our most recent edition features rich black linen micarta scales, polished nickel silver bolsters, a pewter Buck medallion inlay, and comes with a distressed black leather belt carry sheath. Did we mention it is S35VN? We are more than a little excited and pleased that Buck allowed us to use this Crucible super steel this year.
    Stylish in looks and built like a tank as every 110 Folding Hunter is, our version is the perfect balance of beauty and brawn. Add in S35VN steel and you have ultra high performance to go with it. Think if a Corvette and an F350 Super Duty had a child – that is what you’re getting with this knife: high performance, beauty and rock-solid toughness.
    Collectors will love the 110BKSOK for its attention to detail and rarity. Users will love the S35VN steel and the drop point blade (which we feel is much more conducive to use than the standard clip point). No matter who you are, if you love the outdoors or knives or are buying for someone who does this knife is a sure fire winner! Exclusively made by Buck Knives is Post Falls, Idaho for DLT Trading.

• Specs:
    • Overall Length: 8.5" (216mm)
    • Closed Length: 4.875" (124mm)
    • Blade Length: 3.75" (95mm)
    • Cutting Edge Length: 3.5" (89mm)
    • Blade Thickness: 0.117" (2.97mm)
    • Blade Steel: S35VN
    • Blade Finish: Satin
    • Blade Style: Drop Point
    • Edge Style: Plain
    • Handle Material: Black Linen Micarta
    • Handle Thickness: 0.61" (15.45mm)
    • Weight: 7.2oz (204g)
    • Lock Type: Lockback
    • Country of Origin: USA

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's pushing all of my buttons.

Buck 110
    drop point
    micarta
    premium steel

For what you get, the price is reasonable.

For those who have never had the pleasure of owning and using a Buck 110, you should fix that problem ASAP, whether it's a "boutique" model like this DLT exlcusive, or just a standard Buck 110 made from 420HC.

The way it feels in your hand when you're using it is like no other. You have to try it to understand. In addition to the shape, it has heft to it! Then the hollow ground blade is an unbelievable slicer. It's not something you'd want to use to baton through a kiln-dried piece of oak, but for slicing stuff, you can't beat it. My favorite thing to use it on is opening water softener salt bags. Yeah, they have a perforated spot to tear them, but I'm not a savage. Yes, a lot of knives will zip through the plastic like it's not there. But none slide through it with the same feel as a Buck 110. Oy, vey!

A few months ago, I exchanged a few texts with lovemachine after he tried his 110 for the first time. He was impressed by the slicing.

Did I mention I haven't bought a knife since D-D-D-D-ecember?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got my Buck knife from my future BiL for Christmas in 1978. I bet I gutted 20-25 deer with it.
    that auto version is pretty impressive.

Top Bottom