• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Surely a knife exists that will work out for me! Doesn't it? Shouldn't it? Several issues- the front right pocket is where i carry, and a lot of women's jeans are made with shorter pockets than men's. So, that's going to limit the length of the knife. OK, I can live with that. I mostly wear Levi's and I don't want to switch. I have a Kershaw Leek. I like it, but tip-up was poking holes in some of my thin shirts. I usually wear my shirts untucked. I bought a deep-carry clip for it, but that doesn't help because my pockets aren't deep enough. I bought a Kershaw Cryo G-10, which is only slightly shorter than the Leek. It is not any better. Maybe I need to get away from Kershaw and look at other brands? I don't want to go too cheap, but I would like stay around $50. I want it to have the assisted opening, too, that is one of the things I really like about the two I have. I could consider carrying a different way besides tip-up, but it just seems awkward and takes me longer to get the knife open. Thoughts? Thanks!

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Rear pocket, tip down. I know, it comes with its own set of issues, but it will have a natural open and give you a deeper pocket to work with.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    You might consider the Kershaw Scallion model. It's a Ken Onion design like the Leek model but a 1/2" shorter (closed length) than the Leek model which make a big difference for carrying in women's pants pockets. The Scallion model still has the assisted opening feature and is a USA model like the Leek. I know that I sell a lot more Scallion models to women than I do the Leek models.

Scallion:
    Blade Length: 2.4 in. (6.1 cm)
    Closed Length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
    Overall Length: 5.75 in. (14.6 cm)

Leek:
    Blade Length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
    Closed Length: 4 in. (10.3 cm)
    Overall Length: 7 in. (17.9 cm)

Last edited:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    You might consider the Kershaw Scallion model. It's a Ken Onion design like the Leek model but a 1/2" shorter (closed length) than the Leek model which make a big difference for carrying in women's pants pockets. The Scallion model still has the assisted opening feature and is a USA model like the Leek. I know that I sell a lot more Scallion models to women than I do the Leek models.

Scallion:
    Blade Length: 2.4 in. (6.1 cm)
    Closed Length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
    Overall Length: 5.75 in. (14.6 cm)

Leek:
    Blade Length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
    Closed Length: 4 in. (10.3 cm)
    Overall Length: 7 in. (17.9 cm)

I've considered that one, I just wish i could change the clip position. Hmmm...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I’ve never heard this ever.

I don't think they would fit this application, but Tim Wegner has sold several models of knives under his Blade-Tech brand in the past, all of which were geared toward hunting tasks. The coolest was a folding ulu.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I am unaware of any assisted open Spyderco models. They are easy to modify with a zip tie to make an impromptu wave opener ala Emerson Knives.
    Yes I am an Emerson fanboy and Usual Suspect but love me some Spydies and other quality knives. Heck, I even own a Kershaw/ Emerson collaboration made in China ( tho I did pimp it for my needs).

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    You really should consider ditching the Levi's. Levi Strauss has been extremely pro liberal anti gun for many years. They're probably anti knife as well. Besides there are plenty of other really good jeans out there.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    You really should consider ditching the Levi's. Levi Strauss has been extremely pro liberal anti gun for many years. They're probably anti knife as well. Besides there are plenty of other really good jeans out there.
    I'm not going to throw out 20+ pairs of Levi jeans and shorts, but if I could find a suitable replacement I wouldn't buy more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    118   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    My idea doesn't fit any of your requirements. And I don't personally have the model I'm going to recommend. But I used to carry a Kershaw Blackout, and went through several Leeks. Then switched to Spyderco.

So, I have a Domino - which is a filpper. Smooth, quick to deploy. No assist mechanism to break. They make a small version - the Dice. I expect it would be as quality and smooth as the Domino.

Of course, the price would be way beyond what you stated too.

But the advice is free. Worth exactly what you paid for it.

If you can get away from the flipper, the Chapparal is what I carry to work so as not to scare the sheeple (Endura is my normal carry when not at work). I'm sure it's still out of your stated price point.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My idea doesn't fit any of your requirements. And I don't personally have the model I'm going to recommend. But I used to carry a Kershaw Blackout, and went through several Leeks. Then switched to Spyderco.

So, I have a Domino - which is a filpper. Smooth, quick to deploy. No assist mechanism to break. They make a small version - the Dice. I expect it would be as quality and smooth as the Domino.

Of course, the price would be way beyond what you stated too.

But the advice is free. Worth exactly what you paid for it.

If you can get away from the flipper, the Chapparal is what I carry to work so as not to scare the sheeple (Endura is my normal carry when not at work). I'm sure it's still out of your stated price point.

LOL. My husband got his knife out at work one day to help someone cut open a box, and one of the girls said, "That looks scary. Does your wife know you have that?" His response, "She bought it for me."

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I don't mean to be lude. A friend of mine has carried a knife in her bra for years. She rarely leaves home with out it. Based on knife size needs and how often you use it, this may work for you.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I love your knife story. I am constantly amazed at how many people totally freak out whenever they see a pocketknife. When people ask to borrow a knife from me to open a package I tell them to use their teeth or some dull scissors cuz knives are just too dangerous. The look on your Pitt"s face is just priceless.......

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom