Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

What am I doing wrong? Tip up carry preferred, but not working out

Surely a knife exists that will work out for me! Doesn't it? Shouldn't it? Several issues- the front right pocket is where i carry, and a lot of women's jeans are made with shorter pockets than men's. So, that's going to limit the length of the knife. OK, I can live with that. I mostly wear Levi's and I don't want to switch. I have a Kershaw Leek. I like it, but tip-up was poking holes in some of my thin shirts. I usually wear my shirts untucked. I bought a deep-carry clip for it, but that doesn't help because my pockets aren't deep enough. I bought a Kershaw Cryo G-10, which is only slightly shorter than the Leek. It is not any better. Maybe I need to get away from Kershaw and look at other brands? I don't want to go too cheap, but I would like stay around $50. I want it to have the assisted opening, too, that is one of the things I really like about the two I have. I could consider carrying a different way besides tip-up, but it just seems awkward and takes me longer to get the knife open. Thoughts? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Rear pocket, tip down. I know, it comes with its own set of issues, but it will have a natural open and give you a deeper pocket to work with.

Master

User Info Menu

You might consider the Kershaw Scallion model. It's a Ken Onion design like the Leek model but a 1/2" shorter (closed length) than the Leek model which make a big difference for carrying in women's pants pockets. The Scallion model still has the assisted opening feature and is a USA model like the Leek. I know that I sell a lot more Scallion models to women than I do the Leek models.

Scallion:
    Blade Length: 2.4 in. (6.1 cm)
    Closed Length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
    Overall Length: 5.75 in. (14.6 cm)

Leek:
    Blade Length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
    Closed Length: 4 in. (10.3 cm)
    Overall Length: 7 in. (17.9 cm)
    Last edited by Bradsknives; 09-01-2018 at 23:01.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bradsknives View Post
    You might consider the Kershaw Scallion model. It's a Ken Onion design like the Leek model but a 1/2" shorter (closed length) than the Leek model which make a big difference for carrying in women's pants pockets. The Scallion model still has the assisted opening feature and is a USA model like the Leek. I know that I sell a lot more Scallion models to women than I do the Leek models.

Scallion:
    Blade Length: 2.4 in. (6.1 cm)
    Closed Length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
    Overall Length: 5.75 in. (14.6 cm)

Leek:
    Blade Length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
    Closed Length: 4 in. (10.3 cm)
    Overall Length: 7 in. (17.9 cm)
    I've considered that one, I just wish i could change the clip position. Hmmm...

User Info Menu

Anyone close to you that can drill / tap it for you for the proper grip position.
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KokomoDave View Post
    Anyone close to you that can drill / tap it for you for the proper grip position.
    Not that I know of, but possibly. Where would I look for something like that? I mean, we've had larger items done at NAPA, like stripped threads on a motorcycle transmission cover.

User Info Menu

Though I prefer Blade-Tech, I think there may be some Spydercos that fit this request.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by breakingcontact View Post
    Though I prefer Blade-Tech
    Iíve never heard this ever.
    If youíre free youíll never see the walls.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post

I don't think they would fit this application, but Tim Wegner has sold several models of knives under his Blade-Tech brand in the past, all of which were geared toward hunting tasks. The coolest was a folding ulu.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Wow.

Benchmade!

Id blame autocucumber but it was all me.
    Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast