• ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    For those times when you don't want to dedicate a front pants pocket to a folding knife, or carry a fixed-blade ...... I've been using a combination of these two Spyderco knives.

The Delica (top) in a kydex (Linos brand) neck sheath, and the Manbug.

i-5WgVrgP-XL.jpg

The Delica only weighs 2.3 oz., so it's light on the neck, but gives an adequate length blade for most applications.

For the Manbug, I either carry it in a jeans 'watch pocket' as is (there's no retention clip), or for looser watch pockets, I set it up with a leash that I fabricated. The leash clips onto the nearest belt loop.

i-bCmK7f9-XL.jpg

I'm just sharing. I've always liked the reasonable cost, and utility of Spyderco knives.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Thanks for the nice write-up. I just picked up a v-toku manbug to take place of my Vic cadet sometimes at work. So far I’m liking it. The middle layer of steel picks up a nice patina too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Neck carry of folders is an overlooked, but very convenient means of keeping your knife handy. Most criticisms originate from people who are concerned that you might not be able to reach it if it moves while you're in a physical fight, but most of us carry knives as tools first and foremost. Having your primary cutting tool accessible to either hand is a good thing.

A few years ago I had this rig made by Harvey's Holsters at the gun show in Lafayette. I told them what I wanted, and even though they had never made a neck carrier for folder, they designed and built a very good rig for me in about an hour. I was impressed and the sheath works very well. The only thing I would change about it is I would have two eyelets at the top to minimize rotation of the sheath.

These are their photos of my neck sheath and AdV Tac Butcher. It holds the knife using spring tension from the kydex and the flipper lever just slides right through as you pull it.

7e2b2b5fdfad7162e68642cd3a018e73

3bade17e18bec3964ccb026c098edfc6

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks for the nice write-up. I just picked up a v-toku manbug to take place of my Vic cadet sometimes at work. So far I’m liking it. The middle layer of steel picks up a nice patina too.

Thanks for your comment, Jeffrey. Like yours, my Manbug is the limited Sprint-run, using V-toku. It's a very exotic Japanese combination blade ..... unusual for a small knife.
    I love it !
    Blade HQ sold out of this recent sprint run of Manbugs. I think that they'd be hard to find, so we both got lucky !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Neck carry of folders is an overlooked, but very convenient means of keeping your knife handy. Most criticisms originate from people who are concerned that you might not be able to reach it if it moves while you're in a physical fight, but most of us carry knives as tools first and foremost. Having your primary cutting tool accessible to either hand is a good thing.

A few years ago I had this rig made by Harvey's Holsters at the gun show in Lafayette. I told them what I wanted, and even though they had never made a neck carrier for folder, they designed and built a very good rig for me in about an hour. I was impressed and the sheath works very well. The only thing I would change about it is I would have two eyelets at the top to minimize rotation of the sheath.

These are their photos of my neck sheath and AdV Tac Butcher. It holds the knife using spring tension from the kydex and the flipper lever just slides right through as you pull it.

Yes, it's amazing that the Kydex can have such good retention...... yet the knife slides right out when needed.
    Thanks for your thoughtful comments, rhino !

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes, it's amazing that the Kydex can have such good retention...... yet the knife slides right out when needed.
    Thanks for your thoughtful comments, rhino !

You're welcome and thank you!

Are you able to see the photos? I inserted them in my message, but now I can't see them!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

This is a test to see what happened to the pics!

Weird! I can see the pics in in the editor, but as soon as I save . . . gone!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This is a test to see what happened to the pics!

Weird! I can see the pics in in the editor, but as soon as I save . . . gone!

Same here .... I didn't see them until I 'quoted' you, but when the message posted ..... they were gone !

Top Bottom