• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Evening INGO. Thinking through my EDC choices, and taking some training classes, I am looking at my choice of knife. At present I have a folder that I like and has proven reliable (even at helping clear a type 3 malfunction on the clock), but I'm now considering a fixed blade that I can wear horizontally on my belt. Looking at the real estate there I have 6-7 inches to play with to keep the blade concealed.

I was looking closely at the CRKT Clever Girl and Dragon knives, but they are a little too long for me to carry concealed in that position. I'm looking at shorter options now, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful for the input.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I probably should have included that. Ideally between $40-$100. There are some beautiful knives out there, but I want to be realistic on my budget.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Here are a few ideas...

- (Top) Esee Candiru with Azwelke sheath
    - (Middle) Esee Izula with Esee sheath
    - (Bottom) Ka-Bar KA2485-BRK TDI Hinderer Hinderance with Armatus sheath

The Armatus sheath carries nicely in horizontal position with included loop and retention is excellent. The sheath provided with the TDI is also good and provides ultimate retention, but it seemed too bulky for my taste. The Ka-Bar TDI wharncliffe blade design is great for defensive use (one of the best imo). The handle design also lends itself well to retention and powerful cuts.

I carry the two Esees as neck knives, but they could easily be attached to a mini Tek-Lok for horzontal belt carry.

Ox64sLA.jpg

ylu6TW0.jpg

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Also have a TDI Hellfire in an armatus...but mounted on my carrier. Too large for edc, as you are FORCED into an alternative sheath. When you see the OEM you'll know why. That drives up the price of admission. All that being said the TDI is one my favorite knives.

Daily I tote a CRKT s.p.e.w. Light and compact. 6 o'clock horizontal carry, left hand draw. Price point is sub$50 if memory serves.
    51f77a047741580e59c9c2ce5617451c.jpg
    9ef8486d64a67fff41f465ca49d231aa.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Didnt want to start abnew thread and this looked like it was over so i figured id drop this here.

looking for a fixed blade. Requirments are that it will be carried iwb and i dont want an outlandish shaped knife in case i just want use it as a utility knife. Price range 150.00 ish.

i like this a lot. I dont like the steel quality.

https://www.bokerusa.com/fixed-blad...ps://www.bokerusa.com/fixed-blade-knives/?p=6

any body have the perfect knife in mind?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Didnt want to start abnew thread and this looked like it was over so i figured id drop this here.

looking for a fixed blade. Requirments are that it will be carried iwb and i dont want an outlandish shaped knife in case i just want use it as a utility knife. Price range 150.00 ish.

https://www.bokerusa.com/fixed-blad...ps://www.bokerusa.com/fixed-blade-knives/?p=6

What are the primary uses and what are the size requirements (minimum and maximum)?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Bradford Guardian is what you seek. They come in N690 (great steel). They come in different sizes starting at a very reasonable 3" blade.
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Bradford-Knives-Guardian-3-Fixed--24543

Bark River also makes some really nice fixed blades that you should look into. They can be had under $150 and are very well done in multiple styles, sizes, and steel.

If you're just wanting to test the concept, or don't want something as fancy as the Bradford, there is always the Esee Izula, Izula II, or 3HM. I've been EDCing an Izula for a while now. Beware, even if you have a non-tactical looking fixed blade, people will still notice and be turned off by it when you use it in public. A folding knife is far more socially acceptable.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Im not really concerned with people being put off by the knife in public. Im more worried about the people i work with. They would be more understanding because they know me. But theyd certainly be uncomfortable if i had a push dagger or something.

I like bwframes knife but how do i get a iwb sheath made for it? Or any other knife for that matter

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Buy a sheet of kydex, a dremmel, a bit of foam, some grommets and a punch. Super easy to make.

Or contact one of the kydex holster makers on here.

Im not really concerned with people being put off by the knife in public. Im more worried about the people i work with. They would be more understanding because they know me. But theyd certainly be uncomfortable if i had a push dagger or something.

I like bwframes knife but how do i get a iwb sheath made for it? Or any other knife for that matter

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    What about a Kabar Hinderance then? It's made for defensive purposes, but has a great blade shape for boxes and isn't a push dagger.

Almost entirely defense purposes. It will meet a few cardboard boxes im sure. But almost entirely defensive. Absolute maximum is probably in the 8.5 inch area. Minimum maybe 5.5.

Top Bottom