Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

New belt grinder arrived...

I decided to upgrade my old belt grinder with a Reeder Products 2"x72" belt grinder. So far I have only sharpened and power stropped some of my better knives. It does a great job (and faster) compared to my previous 1"x30" belt grinder.

NRA Life Member since 3/15/89
    I donít carry a firearm for self-defense because Iím an optimistÖ
    Facts seldom stand in the way of what someone wants to believe.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

User Info Menu

Very nice! I was thinking about welding up one of my own Frankengrinders out of square tube and cold rolled flat plate. I use a Kalamazoo 1 ◊ 42 right meow to sharpen and have a modified belt sander turned into a 2 x 72 to make my 6-4 ti kniphes. I haven't been in the new yard barn much to get things going but this cold snap will see me in some flannel out there. Good old milk barn heater and propane forge will keep things toasty.
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

Expert

User Info Menu

Wow that is an impressive looking grinder. You take your sharpening seriously! Puts my work sharp to shame. Lol.

User Info Menu

I hope you're going to do more than just sharpen knives with that.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Plinker

User Info Menu

That is a pretty sweet set up I likewise was thinking of making a frankengrinder but that looks pretty tempting just to buy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KokomoDave View Post
    Very nice! I was thinking about welding up one of my own Frankengrinders out of square tube and cold rolled flat plate. I use a Kalamazoo 1 ◊ 42 right meow to sharpen and have a modified belt sander turned into a 2 x 72 to make my 6-4 ti kniphes. I haven't been in the new yard barn much to get things going but this cold snap will see me in some flannel out there. Good old milk barn heater and propane forge will keep things toasty.
    I run a 2 hp Wilton 6" x 72" belt grinder, but I don't sharpen knifes with it.
    It will flat out put and edge on 1/2" AR 400 and 500 steel.
    Attachment 71108
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WhitleyStu View Post
    I decided to upgrade my old belt grinder with a Reeder Products 2"x72" belt grinder. So far I have only sharpened and power stropped some of my better knives. It does a great job (and faster) compared to my previous 1"x30" belt grinder.

That's a nice machine..
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver