• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I decided to upgrade my old belt grinder with a Reeder Products 2"x72" belt grinder. So far I have only sharpened and power stropped some of my better knives. It does a great job (and faster) compared to my previous 1"x30" belt grinder.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Very nice! I was thinking about welding up one of my own Frankengrinders out of square tube and cold rolled flat plate. I use a Kalamazoo 1 × 42 right meow to sharpen and have a modified belt sander turned into a 2 x 72 to make my 6-4 ti kniphes. I haven't been in the new yard barn much to get things going but this cold snap will see me in some flannel out there. Good old milk barn heater and propane forge will keep things toasty.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Wow that is an impressive looking grinder. You take your sharpening seriously! Puts my work sharp to shame. Lol.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Very nice! I was thinking about welding up one of my own Frankengrinders out of square tube and cold rolled flat plate. I use a Kalamazoo 1 × 42 right meow to sharpen and have a modified belt sander turned into a 2 x 72 to make my 6-4 ti kniphes. I haven't been in the new yard barn much to get things going but this cold snap will see me in some flannel out there. Good old milk barn heater and propane forge will keep things toasty.

I run a 2 hp Wilton 6" x 72" belt grinder, but I don't sharpen knifes with it.
    It will flat out put and edge on 1/2" AR 400 and 500 steel.
    View attachment 71108

Top Bottom