Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Knife sharpening in INDY

I used to go to a shop off 54th and Keystone to get all my sharpening done, but they are now closed for good.
    Is there anywhere in the Indianapolis area that sharpens pocket knifes and others as needed on a walk in basis during the day?

Thank You,

User Info Menu

You might try INGO member nova512. He does great work. He used to set up at Profire every so often when they were still in business.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Doggy, I reached out to him to get my dull blades back up to snuff.

User Info Menu

Dropped mine off yesterday at Ft. Liberty, a beater S&W Extreme OPNS, a S&W folder, and a Gerber Remix.

Hope to get them back razor sharp for work, as I use a Boker Infinity for EDC.

Hop

User Info Menu

Good Sam members get free knife sharpening at the Gander Outdoors stores. I have never used the service tough. I can get my own knives "almost hair shaving sharp" using a stone, ceramic rod and strop.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    Good Sam members get free knife sharpening at the Gander Outdoors stores. I have never used the service tough. I can get my own knives "almost hair shaving sharp" using a stone, ceramic rod and strop.
    I am not sure I would trust some clerk wearing a nametag to sharpen my knives. I can do okay myself but if I want a professional job I want someone that knows what they are doing.
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

User Info Menu

Picked up my three this afternoon, all God to go, Thanks Rob!

I'm SOMEBODY, Recognize ME! Caleb's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    Dropped mine off yesterday at Ft. Liberty, a beater S&W Extreme OPNS, a S&W folder, and a Gerber Remix.

Hope to get them back razor sharp for work, as I use a Boker Infinity for EDC.
    Where's this place? My ESEE is getting worn and kind of dull

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittySlayer View Post
    I am not sure I would trust some clerk wearing a nametag to sharpen my knives. I can do okay myself but if I want a professional job I want someone that knows what they are doing.
    So much this. Free sharpening is likely worse than no sharpening at all.

Like a "free" oil change where they strip your drainplug, massively overtighten the new filter, and use the wrong oil.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hohn View Post
    So much this. Free sharpening is likely worse than no sharpening at all.

Like a "free" oil change where they strip your drainplug, massively overtighten the new filter, and use the wrong oil.
    Sometimes people who charge money for sharpening and have a big reputation among their customers do a poor job of actually putting a usefully sharp edge on knives. Some of them do a great job polishing the bevel, though!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast