Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Plinker

User Info Menu

pro tech left handed auto in my left pocket gets all the cutting work, my buck 500 in my right pocket for sentimental carry, been carry it for 42 years, lost it once at a clients house, they found it and called me, had it rebladed by buck once

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BJones View Post
    Your going to need at least 2 more if your going to be like Rhino, that boy has some nice blades!!
    And nearly all have tasted his blood.
    Training, SOLDIER!

Plinker

User Info Menu

My daily carry is usually a Boker automatic. $50 seems reasonable to spend on a EDC knife. Not so expensive that I would be downtrodden if it ended up missing.

Speaking of, I once drove myself to the ER with a broken arm. When checking in to Methodist (I think it was Methodist) with the ungodly pain of a broken arm that was starting to throb, I realized I had a Boker on me and also a pair of electrician's drop scissors. I asked the woman manning the metal detector if I needed to take it back to my vehicle. I thought she said she could hold it for me. When I left I found out that she had instead said she could dispose of them for me and I misheard due to the pain. That cost me $100 total to replace them.

User Info Menu

My daily carry is a spyderco Mannix. Really nice knife, easy to open and close one handed. Keeps a good edge

User Info Menu

I read an article awhile ago and it listed the Benchmade Griptilian as a knife every man should own. I have never checked one out. I keep thinking about that article but not when I am in a position to look at one.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I used to daily carry benchmades and i lost one at work and never found it so now i carry kershaws from walmart or spyderco from walmart. I know the spyderco is chinese and only a couple of kershaws they carry are US made but losing or breaking 150 to 300.00 knives is terrible. I am contemplating a kershaw emerson auto for daily carry as its the cheapest decent quality auto i have seen at about 112.00. I usually have a gerber multi tool on my belt so my pocketknife rarely gets used anymore. But my 200.00 ZT or benchmade dont get carried often anymore which is a shame because they are great knives.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm a big fan,of Schrade knives. Bought my first one about 40 years ago. Sad that they went bankrupt and sold the brand to the Chinese.

The knife that goes into my pocket every day is a Schrade/Uncle Henry. I have owned it for 25+ years. And I have another one just like it tucked away, along with a bunch of other Schrade knives.

You can still get them on eBay for a reasonable price. Look for Schrade USA items.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SchwansManDan View Post
    I'm a big fan,of Schrade knives. Bought my first one about 40 years ago. Sad that they went bankrupt and sold the brand to the Chinese.

The knife that goes into my pocket every day is a Schrade/Uncle Henry. I have owned it for 25+ years. And I have another one just like it tucked away.

You can still get them on eBay for a reasonable price.
    The model 8OT large stockman was one of the best pocket knife values ever made. I had several!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

ACC
    Expert

User Info Menu

OP here. I decided you all are right. Went our and bought a Gerber Auto 06 and a Hogue Sig Sauer EX-A04. Very pleased with my purchases. Just need to baby them a bit more than my cheapo Boker and Schrade autos

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    OP here. I decided you all are right. Went our and bought a Gerber Auto 06 and a Hogue Sig Sauer EX-A04. Very pleased with my purchases. Just need to baby them a bit more than my cheapo Boker and Schrade autos
    enjoy them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6