• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    After much consideration, I am leaning towards this as my BIG Christmas present. I watch a couple of Youtube videos and they were very positive about it. I was wondering what the experts here thought.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/FI...max-drop-point-blade-g10-handles-kydex-sheath

I've never heard of the brand, but it looks like a decent knife. However, it's clearly designed to be a survival knife, which means it has to be tough, meaning impact resistant and not prone to chipping. I would not choose Elmax as a steel for that application. Something like CPM 3V, 5160, 52100, 1095, O1, A2, would all be better choices for a survival knife.

For that $225 mark, you could get a really nice Bark River, LT Wright, Battle Horse, Bradford, White River, etc.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm not familiar with that knife at all but at that price I definitely know what I'd choose instead. I love my small elmax blades but I'm not sure I'd want it on my 5" knife that's going to get beat on.

Ratmandu CG - Swamp Rat Knife Works Store

It doesn't come with a sheath but I can point you towards an awesome Kydex bender or leather maker. These knives are users and will take a beating. One of the best warranties in the business too.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    I agree with rhino. There are much better choices for the money. Just my opinion but I will say that I subscribe to Dave Canterbury's guidelines for a "one tool option" when it comes to survival knives.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Battlehorse Bushcrafter
    O-1 steel
    $213 with sheath
    PERFECT !

Bushcrafter%20%2812%29.JPG

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    So the $200+ knives are out for me. Amazon had Ontario Rat7 plain blade for (price alert!!!) $57 and that's just too cheap to pass up. So I still plan on getting another knife but it won't be nearly as expensive as what I was looking at.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    So the $200+ knives are out for me. Amazon had Ontario Rat7 plain blade for (price alert!!!) $57 and that's just too cheap to pass up. So I still plan on getting another knife but it won't be nearly as expensive as what I was looking at.

The Rat7 is a solid knife ....good choice ! :yesway:

Top Bottom