• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JdsBiff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Muncie
    My niece is currently dating a young man who happens to be going into the Army in January to be an MP. I am looking for suggestions for a knife for him as a gift before he goes. The only criteria is that it has a blade less than 3 inches and a folder. Have been looking at a Benchmade Barrage. Would a straight edge or serrated be best?

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I can sharpen a serrated knife 10 times faster than a regular knife on my workshop. That's about all I use mine for. Secret is to HONE the backside and they are back to factory.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My niece is currently dating a young man who happens to be going into the Army in January to be an MP. I am looking for suggestions for a knife for him as a gift before he goes. The only criteria is that it has a blade less than 3 inches and a folder. Have been looking at a Benchmade Barrage. Would a straight edge or serrated be best?

Definitely plain edge.

If the blade can be exactly three inches, then the Spyderco Para 3 or Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight are excellent options. If it has to under three inches, then one of these:

Spyderco Delica full flat grind (2.875 in. blade)
    Spyderco Chaparral Lightweight (2.8 in.)
    Spyderco Reinhold Rhino (2.35 in.)

JdsBiff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Muncie
    3 inches seemed to be a common number from the research I had done. I figured it would be plain edge but was not sure about military/police use.

Top Bottom