• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Anybody have a Junglas II and how is it? I have a BK 9 which I like a lot, but don’t use as much as I could. Been loving my axes lately, but got the itch for a new, long, fixed blade.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just get the Junglas, bigger is better!;) Seriously though, I’ve handled the II at Blade a bit back, and didn’t care for it. I have a 6 for Junglas II jobs, and a Junglas for, well Junglas jobs. For everything else, there’s Mora or a pocket knife.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I struggle with justifying a big fixed blade because at some point, an axe or hatchet is what you should carry for chopping, and a small blade is usually superior for non-chopping tasks.

The biggest knife I've found to be pretty agile and useful was my original ca. 1990s SOG Seal knife 2000. Cheesy marketing, but a solid AUS8 blade with an EXCELLENT handle. That knife got me through survival school, albeit a little worse for wear on the powder coating on the blade.

I'm looking into a Becker and pondering if I really want to go all the way up to the BK9 or if something like a BK7 would work better for me. I suspect it would. Once OAL gets over a foot or so, I start to get pretty clumsy with the blade.

Top Bottom