• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I am looking for suggestions. I want an EDC knife that comes with a kydex sheath and mounts horizontally on the belt. Not looking for anything too big. Would like for it to hide nicely under an outer shirt. What do you all think would fit this bill or what are you carrying in this fashion?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter was designed for that mode of carry. I like the knife a lot, but their horizontal sheath system didn't work for me. The handle was always protruding. I ended up taking the leather belt loop off of the kydex sheath and wearing it as a neck knife. I carry it everyday, all day.

15016-1-1-1000x1000.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Esee 3? I carry the esee 4. Plenty of aftermarket sheaths for it as it is a somewhat popular knife.
    im sure it would work great horizontal. And not super exspensive.
    the sheath it comes with is nice youd just need some new clips for horizontal.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Having spent the better part of the last few years searching for the "perfect" EDC fixed blade. I'll tell you right now it doesn't exist. Also if you don't mind my suggesting that you try something other than horizontal belt carry if you really want to "hide" the knife. Covering it with a shirt is easy but actually concealing it horizontally is not going to happen. At least it didn't for me. Try IWB "weak" side for better concealment. Or IWB appendix works well too. Anything much longer than 8" gets hard to hide and anything smaller than 7.5" gets to small for me. I've settled on a Strider WP drop point for EDC carried weak side IWB. But with the Strider WPs read the specs carefully as they are all different. I ended up with two of them similar specs on paper but entirely different in hand. Tops mil spie 3 is decent but I hate Tops sheaths. Kershaw made a run of Skyline fixed blades out of S30V and they are nice little EDC fixed blades too.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    How big and what's your budget? Also, don't get caught up in thinking you need to find a production knife that comes with a sheath. Find the knife that fits what you need and then find someone to make a sheath that works for you.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have a lot of knives. Personally, a Kydex Sheath is something you could make yourself, and I certain that here is a gun store nearby making kydex holster, and they can also make sheaths. Once it is made, all sort of ways to make it attach to a belt horizontally.

Personally, CRKT or Boker, at least in my opinion, make some good knives. Many already come with some sort of concealable plastic sheath.

jrsHer1.jpg

CRKT Tighe Breaker, it comes with a plastic sheath and the way it hooks to the belt allows one to rotate it until it is where you want it and then it stays where it is…the little ruler gives you an idea of its size. Not sure if these are still available, but certainly one I would recommend. Paracord wrapped handle, gives a good non-slip grip. Also, if you want to use different colors of paracord, it is easy enough to change. finally, this was less than 450, though I don't remember exactly, it seems to me it was more like $20 plus shipping.

Personally, Kydex or any sort of plastic isn't a sheath I like, I had a leather one made for this and it has been carried for a while now.

Top Bottom