• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was watching a review of the Buck 110s with the plastic handle. The reviewer compared it to another classic, the Sodbuster. It got me thinking about iconic knives like these. My list so far:

Case Sodbuster
    Buck 110
    Kabar Fighting Knife
    Swiss Army Classic

Added:
    Trench knife
    Mora
    Coffin-handled Bowie

What else am I missing?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    WWI trench knife.Ya know, the one with the spiked brass knuckles and skull crusher. I had to have one after seeing it in Boardwalk Empire. It might not as iconic as say a Bowie, but damn it a beautiful thing not often seen.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    The Ka-Bar. Everybody needs a Ka-Bar.

ekjrZCT.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Opinel knife?

In 1985 the Victoria and Albert Museum in London selected the Opinel knife as part of an exhibit celebrating the “100 most beautiful products in the world”, featuring the Opinel alongside the Porsche 911 sports car and the Rolex watch.[SUP][1][/SUP] The Opinel was also selected as one of the 999 classic designs in Phaidon Design Classics,[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP] and has been exhibited by the New York's Museum of Modern Art(MOMA) as a design masterpiece

I had one in my collection (N°8) but gave it to a fellow INGOer.

op008$01-opinel-op008-d1.jpg

A good knife collection also needs at least a balisong, maybe some karambit style knives as well.:dunno:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    An Italian stiletto.

I was going to say that, because you never know when you want to be carrying a knife, and break out into a catchy dance number!

[video=youtube;twbuT1V5mFE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twbuT1V5mFE[/video]

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    There's plenty of classic knives out there that people should own but some....the price point are up there.

Loveless knives are iconic but $5k+ on one is something most aren't going to buy. Same with a true iconic Randall when Bo was alive.

Buck 184s
    Jimmy Lile Bowie (First Blood)

Dozier makes some quality, traditional style knives

These are just some of the iconic knives I can think of.

If we're going from a knife guy perspective.....

A quality switchblade (Microtech, Protech, and don't buy a knock off)

Machete/Brush sword. Ontario, Zombie Tools, Miller Bros, Medford, etc. Lots of good options depending on budget

Really people should own a quality tomahawk too. Spiked or hammer poll, if you don't want a RMJ Tactical cause the price look at James Helm, $250 or less without sheath

WWI trench knife.Ya know, the one with the spiked brass knuckles and skull crusher. I had to have one after seeing it in Boardwalk Empire. It might not as iconic as say a Bowie, but damn it a beautiful thing not often seen.

Good ol knuckle dusters. Have one made by AU Lion, always loved that style of knife

Top Bottom