Join INGunOwners For Free

Poll: What type of blade do you like best on a folder?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Question Partially serrated blade or plain edge?

Which type of blade do you like best for an EDC folder? Partially serrated or plain edge?

Sometimes you find a knife you like but they only offer it with serrations, or without serrations.

Is it a deal breaker for you?

I'm not sure which is the most popular in the industry.I've seen several knife models where the plain edge version was out of stock.

User Info Menu

Personally, I prefer non-serrated blades. I have a feew serrated ones but the ones I carry most are not serrated. IF you are going to cut a lot of stuff, like cordage or things like that, then get a serrated blade.
    For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face:
    now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

(1 Corinthians 13:12)
    What a great day that will be too! Hope I see you on the New Earth.

User Info Menu

Not a deal-breaker but I much prefer a plain edge. I've never had much need for serrations on an EDC knife, or really anything other than a bread knife for that matter.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Not a deal-breaker but I much prefer a plain edge. I've never had much need for serrations on an EDC knife, or really anything other than a bread knife for that matter.
    Same here.

I do see a lot of knife models offered with partially serrated blades though, so some people must like that.

Maybe serrations are more appealing to "non-knife-guys" who don't know how to sharpen their blade, since the serrations usually stay sharp longer than the plain edge.

User Info Menu

Voted for both (because who doesn't need more knifes) but prefer the straight edge. I don't see that much use for serrations and it's easier to sharpen the plain blades.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

plain edge they're easier to sharpen!
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shootersix View Post
    Exactly this reason for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shootersix View Post
    Yes.....That.
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post

Maybe serrations are more appealing to "non-knife-guys" who don't know how to sharpen their blade, since the serrations usually stay sharp longer than the plain edge.
    My first knife I carried had a serrated blade. I never sharpened it and the serrations stayed sharp for cutting plastic packages open and the like. So I still prefer them but it's not a deal breaker.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    My first knife I carried had a serrated blade. I never sharpened it and the serrations stayed sharp for cutting plastic packages open and the like. So I still prefer them but it's not a deal breaker.
    my first real knife I bought (not from a flea market!) was a spyderco endura full serrations (old school, plastic clip molded in the handle) and I used it at work (cutting plastic banding off boxes), and when it got dull (and the pocket clip broke off) it got thrown into a box, and I bought something to replace it, I tried to sharpen it later in life, never could get it sharp as they did from the factory, a year or two ago, I dug it out, cut off what was left of the pocket clip, tried to grind off the serrations, got tires of fooling with it and threw it back in the box,now the only knives I own that are serrated are freebies or gifts.

when I go to buy a knife, I pass on serrated (even partially serrated!)

Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast