• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    After probably ten years of daily carry, sending her in for service a time or two, sharpening numerous times and an astronomical amount of use I lost my Strider PT yesterday. We were at the 1000 acre farm we lease and spent several hours cruising around and getting some work done. At one point some geese started going nuts on the creek and I caught a glimpse of a coyote so I grabbed my rifle and crouched down to try to get a shot. I was hopeful that this was where the knife came out of my pocket but a thorough search this morning yielded nothing.

I am diminished. The best knife I've ever owned is gone and it is unlikely it can be replaced.

I feel naked.

I feel guilty.

I am in mourning.

I may never recover.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Sorry for your loss. I've got a benchmade I've been carrying and abusing daily for years that i thought i lost awhile back. I tore every place i had been apart. I felt sick to my gut about it. Thankfully it turned back up. Hopefully yours will too.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I've found that some old guys who enjoy metal detecting will likely take on this search for you for a very small fee. Perhaps even just getting to keep what they find other than that knife.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry about your loss, sir.

If you want to replace it, I recommend talking to Brad. If he doesn't have one and can't get one for you, he may be able to connect you with someone who can.

Or, look at it as an opportunity to try something new. Lots of mid techs and customs available that can easily do anything a Strider did and you may find something you actually like better.

After probably ten years of daily carry, sending her in for service a time or two, sharpening numerous times and an astronomical amount of use I lost my Strider PT yesterday. We were at the 1000 acre farm we lease and spent several hours cruising around and getting some work done. At one point some geese started going nuts on the creek and I caught a glimpse of a coyote so I grabbed my rifle and crouched down to try to get a shot. I was hopeful that this was where the knife came out of my pocket but a thorough search this morning yielded nothing.

I am diminished. The best knife I've ever owned is gone and it is unlikely it can be replaced.

I feel naked.

I feel guilty.

I am in mourning.

I may never recover.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I don't carry an expensive knife because i've convinced myself that carrying something (comparatively) cheap will prevent me from being upset if/when I lose it. This weekend I lost a $45 knife that I've carried for the last 5 years. I nearly panicked and only felt better when I was able to find it. I get weirdly attached to things, so I suppose I might as well take the plunge and get something nice.

All that to say, sorry about your loss.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If it's any consolation, blade technology keeps advancing. There's a lot of nice knives out there at a good price. Might be fun to go shopping and pick up something new.

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Have you ever handled a spyderco paramilitary 2? In my opinion it’s one of the best knives out there, plenty of different blade materials out there to suit whatever your needs are, while staying at a reasonable price. I have a few Benchmades, spydercos, and even a Microtech and hands down the para2 is my favorite edc

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I forgot to update this thread, the Strider has been replaced. I got a good deal on a Hinderer XM-18 3" Warncliff flipper with a carbon scale and blue hardware. Lesson has been learned and I'll always miss my Strider so this one won't be carried while I'm enjoying my outdoor activities.

EsOjuH1h.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That's a really nice Hinderer, been checking the USN and Blade Forums since you said you lost your PT, just have not seen any for sale at all (striders are kinda hard to find)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I forgot to update this thread, the Strider has been replaced. I got a good deal on a Hinderer XM-18 3" Warncliff flipper with a carbon scale and blue hardware. Lesson has been learned and I'll always miss my Strider so this one won't be carried while I'm enjoying my outdoor activities.

EsOjuH1h.jpg

kinda like it!, looks like some good has come of loosing your strider.

Top Bottom