• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    if you saw me thread in the break room last week, you'll know my father passed, not only did he give me a passion for shooting, he gave me a passion for sharp stabby things!, below are just a few of the nicer ones.
    View attachment 75625

in the knife roll are 2 cheep akc autos, one greaser style and one lever lock, they've got plastic "stag" handles, one Hubertus lever lock with real stag handles, and the 3 greaser style knives are all frank beltrame, one real stag, and 2 are honey horn
    theres a al mar sere (he carried that one a lot)
    a spyderco citadel (with an embassy box, the dealer gave him the wrong one, but never carried or sharpened)
    a Kershaw launch 1 that I gave him as a christmas present a few years ago (looks like he never carried it)
    a spyderco tim zowanda carbon fiber (new and never carried factory edge)
    and a lone wolf paul defender carbon fiber and 24 carrot gold, number 32 of 800 (new in the box never carried with the factory edge, with box and paperwork)

not pictured is his sog agency (numbered 042 on the edge, I think it was a limited edition) and the kersaw breakout, that's my new everyday knife (black on black)

also theres a 30 gallon tote I'm filling with some of his other knives, other crkt's (I think he had about every m16 but the m16 auto), boker (so far 3 ak 47/74's) theres cheep Pakistan, and good American knives, ive counted 3 boker magnum autos, so far ive found 4 sog trident folders! (all different blades styles tanto/clip point and straight/serrated) smith and Wesson autos, I could go on.

we found 3 samauari swords, (the ryumon's, a higher quality Chinese made sword) theres another 4 or 5 swords hanging on the wall, and he had about 6 different styles of hatchets hanging on a book shelf!

theres 2 that are very important to me (we've found one so far), one's a gerber bolt action, I bought it for him as a Christmas present back in the 90's (we found that one), the others a first generation cold steel outdoorsman with a leather sheath, made in America, I bought it from a friend of his for 25 dollars, and one day my dad told me he had passed, so I gave it to him to remember his friend, that one hasn't been found yet, but I know he didn't sell it!

one time he said to me, "I have a "thing" every week your mother doesn't give me sex, I buy a knife, and I'm on a roll...ive bought 4 this month!"

if I find any more really nice knives, ill post more pics

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    He's was looking for that perfect like a lot of us still are. Sorry for your loss.

thank you, I haven't gone a day without crying like a baby, he was my best friend

Nice to have those. Hand me downs tend to be overlooked yet some of the most valuable possessions we end up with.

ive already passed some along, my sister and her hubby and their son lived on the second floor of dads house, and gave 2 of the sog trident folders to them, and I'm thinking of giving the other two to my daughters (I've already given each of my girls a smith and Wesson switch blade)

I'm putting off the hardest part, I picked up 51 guns from his house, and so far one is on its way back to Taurus to be fixed (its a 1911) and one is at a gunshop having a serious coat of rust removed (its a 94 Winchester marked 1894-1994) ive got to clean and go thru all the 49 others to make sure they're clean, and safe before some are given to family members, but that's going to cause "problems" I'm sure, I always harped on dad to make a will, and he didn't, he sat down and told me and my sister, that he wanted a few to have a gun, (my bil, his son (my nephew), and my other sisters boy friend, due to health issues they cant get married).

my sister asked "since theres so many, can we give 2 to everybody", then the nephew said "I want an ar15 and a 1911!" (almost before she finished asking the question), he's 23 no job, no hs diploma, and no motivation!, he spent some time in a juvenile detention facility, but has cleaned up his act, but during his "troubled youth" he stole 2 guns from dad (a cheap high standard double 9 and a bulldog pug) and he sold a ruger 10/22 that dad had given him, along with a ar15 that his mom (my sister) gave him (when he turned is life around before), but this time I do think he has changed. dad has 5 ar's (3 in 556, one in 308 and one in .22 lr)and 4 1911's, 2 rock island and 2 taurus (I own 4 ar's and 1 1911 also a Taurus). and on Monday my sister the one who lived with dad saw a savage mark2 with a laminated thumb hole stock with a 4-16 power scope and said "i'd like that one!"...never mind the fact that she's never shot a gun in her life, or even asked about any before!

so over the last few days, I keep asking myself, am I being selfish by wanting to keep so many guns? it's not like he had a first gen single action army or walker dragoon, most are lower end to middle of the road guns, but all on them have a story, and bring back memories, the first rock river ar (he owned 3 rra's) I went with him to get, I helped him pick it out, and I crawled around the floor looking for the safety lever spring that fell out when he changed the grip before he even shot it!, and I remember taking the other one and helping change the stock and the barrel, that's one we customized together, so that one's mine!, theres a walther p1 surplus german police gun that my mom bought from gander mountain, and gave him as a gift, she also gave him a Remington 700 in 270 winchester

I told my sister "I'm not going to let every one cherry pick the best guns and leave me the rest!", tbh I don't really want a astra a100 in 45 acp (I have 2 sig p220's) so i'd prefer to give that one as a gift, but I bet if I let people pick what they want, all 4 1911's would be the first to go, and the ar's would all go, and the ruger red label and 870tb trap would go, and i'd be left with the shon dong (ithica clone hd shot gun) that he bought from a pawn shop (I have an 870 hd shotgun already)

but I know me, i'll probably cave and let everybody take the best stuff because I don't want to have a fight on my hands(the family is getting smaller), and I saw what happened to my dad and his brother when their mom passed (fighting over possessions and property) everybody would say that I'm greedy and not wanting to share, so this is a loose loose situation.

sorry for rambling

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I would definitely keep what you want, what means something to you. If you are going to let a selection process happen it should be with what's left. It's not selfish if it's by rights yours anyway...the rest is being charitable. Most of the family events like this end up with no one happy anyway.

Also, do you believe your nephew could pass a NICS check? Is he on a path now that won't make you wonder if a crime might be committed with a gun? Asking for a potential future prosecutor.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I would definitely keep what you want, what means something to you. If you are going to let a selection process happen it should be with what's left. It's not selfish if it's by rights yours anyway...the rest is being charitable. Most of the family events like this end up with no one happy anyway.

Also, do you believe your nephew could pass a NICS check? Is he on a path now that won't make you wonder if a crime might be committed with a gun? Asking for a potential future prosecutor.

I do believe he could, his past transgressions were as a juvenile, and he's now 23 and the last time he was in trouble was as a minor in possession of alcohol

so talking to my sister we've come to the conclusion that we know whats going to happen, i'll give the "duplicates/unwanted" away. and keep the vast majority for myself, and in the future any sold will be offered to the family first.

but as for the knives, they're all mine (with the exception of the few ive already given away) but we still cant find the colt steel outdoorsman.

today I'm carrying a boker ak47 in flat dark earth with a clip point half serrated edge, that I ran thru a ultrasonic cleaner cause it wouldn't fire it was so dirty!

Top Bottom