• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Ok, so I'll begin by saying that I'm a bit of an EDC nut. I like to combine the most tools/gadgets/useful items into the smallest packages possible because the feeling of being "Johnny on the spot" with the odd doo-dad that someone needs is a good one for me. These aren't the worst idea I've ever seen, but I'd likely forget the tools attached when I actually needed them. The only thing I see immediately as a design flaw is that corkscrew being pressed against my temple... not very appealing. I never understood why they needed a corkscrew on everything, it's not a French army knife.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Bob-Odenkirk-Nope.gif

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ok, so I'll begin by saying that I'm a bit of an EDC nut. I like to combine the most tools/gadgets/useful items into the smallest packages possible because the feeling of being "Johnny on the spot" with the odd doo-dad that someone needs is a good one for me. These aren't the worst idea I've ever seen, but I'd likely forget the tools attached when I actually needed them. The only thing I see immediately as a design flaw is that corkscrew being pressed against my temple... not very appealing. I never understood why they needed a corkscrew on everything, it's not a French army knife.

:):

The funny thing is that a corkscrew is actually a requirement for knives used in the French Army.

They had that model for years ...

img_2115.jpg

They recently came up with a new model, more modern, with a glass breaker, one hand opening etc ...
    And of course a blacked out corkscrew.

25443279_1540997612603834_5818310646229688526_n.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

The funny thing is that a corkscrew is actually a requirement for knives used in the French Army.

One of the guys I contracted with got out of security contracting and became a repair technician for a piece of bomb detecting equipment we used. He traveled all over the world fixing MVACIS machines. He emailed we once from a French base in Northern Africa complaining he was starving to death. "They are cooking the chickens with the feathers still on. I'm living on bread and cheese because everything else is either disgusting or a mystery. We get a wine ration, though..."

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That was my first thought! "How am I supposed to see what I'm doing with the tools while holding my glasses in my hand?"

Oh, the ravages of age....

Not to denny but the tools disconnect from the frames. I have no clue though why the corkscrew does not have an eyglasses screwdriver threaded in.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I don't see a blade. The most basic thing and it doesn't look like those glasses have it. But, they have a corkscrew? Right.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

They had that model for years ...

img_2115.jpg

They recently came up with a new model, more modern, with a glass breaker, one hand opening etc ...
    And of course a blacked out corkscrew.

25443279_1540997612603834_5818310646229688526_n.jpg

I gotta say I really dig that second knife.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I gotta say I really dig that second knife.

It just came in.Different military units are starting to get it.

Instead of the old knife that was design just for food preparation this one is more of a "tactical folder" designed for both utility tasks and combat.
    It has a one hand opening locking blade, glass breaker, seatbelt cutter, tactical blacked out corkscrew and pocket clip.

The whole thing is made in France.

220214v1.jpg

configurez-votre-cac-couteau-armee-francaise.jpg

It comes with different scales.Not sure if you can get one without

copy-of-pair-of-plates-custom-g10-toxified-black-knife-cac-bushcraft-et-survie.jpg

Top Bottom