Join INGunOwners For Free

Poll: Can you live with an SAK as your only knife?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Correct!

Among others, I have a stainless No. 09 Opinel in my pocket RIGHT NOW.
    Is it the Rhino model with the round tip for safety? You're probably not allowed to have pointy knives anymore.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Is it the Rhino model with the round tip for safety? You're probably not allowed to have pointy knives anymore.

User Info Menu

As other knives come and go in my pocket, the SAK Tinkerer has been my EDC knife since 1990. I've had three, just buying the third last month. It always seems the red scales give up long before the blades/tools.
    Stay safe
    Be careful what you wish for...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Flannel View Post
    As other knives come and go in my pocket, the SAK Tinkerer has been my EDC knife since 1990. I've had three, just buying the third last month. It always seems the red scales give up long before the blades/tools.
    Stay safe
    You can get replacement scales if you want to refurbish your older knives.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have a yellow evo grip SAK w/ locking blade hanging on my keychain. Picked it up at Meijer for 20$. Wish it had the small blade but for 20$ i'll do with out. My keys are very easy to find now and no guessing which pocket they are in.

User Info Menu

I have a sad. Just reached in my pocket for my old Deluxe Tinker and it was gone. Baggy cargo shorts so it probably fell out while sitting on the couch. I am sure it will show up. Sure the pliers are loose and the scissors broken but I liked my old knife. I had to resort to grabbing a brand new super tinker out of my little basket on the nightstand. To be honest the Deluxe tinker was a little thick and took up a fair amount of real estate in my pocket. When I find my old SAK I will probably toss it in my tackle box. I find the pliers handy for pulling out fish hooks.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    I have a sad. Just reached in my pocket for my old Deluxe Tinker and it was gone. Baggy cargo shorts so it probably fell out while sitting on the couch. I am sure it will show up. Sure the pliers are loose and the scissors broken but I liked my old knife. I had to resort to grabbing a brand new super tinker out of my little basket on the nightstand. To be honest the Deluxe tinker was a little thick and took up a fair amount of real estate in my pocket. When I find my old SAK I will probably toss it in my tackle box. I find the pliers handy for pulling out fish hooks.
    Aw, man. I hate that. Hopefully you'll be reunited soon.

Until then, may I recommend using a tether connecting your SAK to your pocket, belt, or belt loop?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Jin
    Plinker

User Info Menu

I carry a SAK Pioneer for work as Iím in dress pants. It sits in a pocket organizer with a BIC and a AAA flashlight. Perfectly fine for most tasks.

My preference would be to complement that with a larger folder, like a Spyderco Manix or ZT 0452

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5