Join INGunOwners For Free

Poll: Can you live with an SAK as your only knife?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61
    Netrunner Haven's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I have a Leatherman, I really like my Leatherman, but I donít carry it everyday anymore. The job I am in doesnít need me to carry it all the time.

    I do carry a Winchester mulitool my Father-in-law gave me years ago. It is a small pocket set. I have tried to replace it with other micro multitools, but I canít find one that fits my needs like this one. The Winchester I have has a knife, flat blade screwdriver, micro screwdriver, tweezers, scissors, file and fingernail clippers.

    Iíve not been able to find one like it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I have a Leatherman, I really like my Leatherman, but I donít carry it everyday anymore. The job I am in doesnít need me to carry it all the time.

    I do carry a Winchester mulitool my Father-in-law gave me years ago. It is a small pocket set. I have tried to replace it with other micro multitools, but I canít find one that fits my needs like this one. The Winchester I have has a knife, flat blade screwdriver, micro screwdriver, tweezers, scissors, file and fingernail clippers.

    Iíve not been able to find one like it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk







    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  3. #63
    Grandmaster VERT's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Forgot about this thread. Question is can I carry my SAK into IU Memorial Stadium??
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

  4. #64
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Forgot about this thread. Question is can I carry my SAK into IU Memorial Stadium??
    Do they have metal detectors? ----- YES ----> No, and don't go there.
    ...... |
    ...... |
    ...... NO
    ...... |
    ...... |-----> Don't ask; don't tell.



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  5. #65
    Grandmaster VERT's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Do they have metal detectors? ----- YES ----> No, and don't go there.
    ...... |
    ...... |
    ...... NO
    ...... |
    ...... |-----> Don't ask; don't tell.
    Carried my handy little bladeless SAK. Has scissors. If you flip the scissors open and use only one blade ... umm ... I mean side, do you know what I have? A very small knife. Very handy to help peel an orange or open the box of sunscreen for the kids.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

  6. #66
    Netrunner Haven's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    IMG_0665.jpg

    This was my daily carry for years. A friend bought a lot of leatherman's from a government surplus auction. He then sold all but two of them to his friends. He covered his costs to buy all of them.

    IMG_0666.jpg

    This is what my Father-In-Law gave me, which is still my every day carry. I always have this one on me. I've lost it a few times, only for it to show back up a few days later.

  7. #67
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    IMG_0665.jpg

    This was my daily carry for years. A friend bought a lot of leatherman's from a government surplus auction. He then sold all but two of them to his friends. He covered his costs to buy all of them.

    IMG_0666.jpg

    This is what my Father-In-Law gave me, which is still my every day carry. I always have this one on me. I've lost it a few times, only for it to show back up a few days later.
    Nice! Thanks for the photos. Which Leatherman is that? Blast?



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  8. #68
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Do they have metal detectors? ----- YES ----> No, and don't go there.
    ...... |
    ...... |
    ...... NO
    ...... |
    ...... |-----> Don't ask; don't tell.
    I follow a guy from Belgium who makes some interesting non-metallic options for non permissive environments.







    Victorinox also has some options.



    You're not breaking the rule/policy if they don't allow steel knives into their building and you happen to bring something else.

  9. #69
    Netrunner Haven's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Nice! Thanks for the photos. Which Leatherman is that? Blast?
    It is a Leatherman Blast. When I was a Network Engineer, it was my goto tool, since I always had it with me. I was able to even take it into most secure areas.


Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge