Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

No clue about the authenticity of ebay but everything about the wicked edge is quality, clamp is machined , ball arm joints are super smooth, again I might be biased but its the best system out there IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

Cam

User Info Menu

I only have experience with Wicked Edge, but can say that I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Easy to learn and use as well as being expandable.

x10

User Info Menu

I bought one of the Ebay knock off items, Not to use to use as patterns to make my own, The stones on the cheap ones are laughable. they are some kind of chinese pressed sand, But I think the overall concept is good.
    Tomorrow’s winds will blow tomorrow

Plinker

User Info Menu

I know it's not what you asked about but I can get my knives hair popping sharp with it using the course, fine and extra fine sharpening rods and it's not that costly. VERY easy to use and reasonably quick. I have knives made from A2, 420HC, Carbon V, 154CM, S30V, VG10 and a few others I can't recall at this moment and the Spyderco triangle sharpener can get them all sharp enough to shave the hair or individual hairs one at a time from my arm with only enough effort to move the knife.
    https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Tria.../dp/B07G8R4XSW

I am nothing short of fanatical when it comes to having sharp knives and I have found the best way to sharpen a dull knife is never let it get that dull to begin with.
    Give the Spyderco a look, awesome sharpening system and IMHO one of the best values in sharpeners.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Ive decided to go with the wicked edge....would have already bought it if the ac didnt go out.

Thanks ingo
    Shred
    It's a trick..... get an axe.

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!! WhitleyStu's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Ive decided to go with the wicked edge....would have already bought it if the ac didnt go out.

Thanks ingo
    Shred
    You will be very happy with a Wicked Edge. There is a small learning curve when starting out, but the Wicked Edge Forum is very helpful and lots of experienced users there. Have fun with your WE!!!
    NRA Life Member since 3/15/89
    I don’t carry a firearm for self-defense because I’m an optimist…
    Facts seldom stand in the way of what someone wants to believe.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Got my we100 this week.

Going through the process of breaking in the stones on some damaged kitchen knives.

Wish me luck

Shred

User Info Menu

Best of luck, SS.
    Just call me lollipop.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Ok, i called wicked edge and they confirmed that the we100 on amazon with the quartz stone base was authentic.

Initial impressions are good, but there is for sure a learning curve.
    Trying to not crash your stones into your knife is a hurddle as well as trying to not crash your stones into each other.

I wish the heim joint connections would allow the stones to come farther way perpendicularly from the blade.

The base and system are very stable although i have had the angle adjustment set screws work loose and slide out a few time while sharpening.

My knives are for sure sharper than they where but i have not gotten an edge that will slice thin paper yet. I believe the stones are still breaking in.

I do wish, for the cost, that it would have come with an 800/1000 stone.

Overall im happy, glad i got this.
    Thanks for all the insights and advice ingo.

Shred

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!! WhitleyStu's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Ok, i called wicked edge and they confirmed that the we100 on amazon with the quartz stone base was authentic.

Initial impressions are good, but there is for sure a learning curve.
    Trying to not crash your stones into your knife is a hurddle as well as trying to not crash your stones into each other.

I wish the heim joint connections would allow the stones to come farther way perpendicularly from the blade.

The base and system are very stable although i have had the angle adjustment set screws work loose and slide out a few time while sharpening.

My knives are for sure sharper than they where but i have not gotten an edge that will slice thin paper yet. I believe the stones are still breaking in.

I do wish, for the cost, that it would have come with an 800/1000 stone.

Overall im happy, glad i got this.
    Thanks for all the insights and advice ingo.

Shred
    Try putting a faucet washer over the guide rod under the stone to keep the top of the stone from hitting the side of the blade. It will make sure you won't scratch the side of the blade with the top of the stone by limiting the amount of down travel the stone will go. Happy sharpening!!!
    NRA Life Member since 3/15/89
    I don’t carry a firearm for self-defense because I’m an optimist…
    Facts seldom stand in the way of what someone wants to believe.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2