If You Need Another Reason to Keep Your Blade Sharp...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had an uncle that would always say, let me see your pocket knife. Then he would check the edge while commenting about how you could tell how lazy a man was by how sharp he kept his knife.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Reminds me of this guy:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1993/07/23/Man-who-amputated-own-leg-chose-life/8314743400000/

I saw a few interviews with him and I cringed in sympathy pain each time he told the story. His pocketknife was a cheapie he used to dig mud and other debris from the tracks of his bulldozer and it was not sharp when he need it. He had to rub it on a nearby rocky to get it sharp enough to sever what was left of his leg. UGH!

I'd like to think that Don Wyman's story (from 1993) has inspired people in similar situations (like the Nebraska farmer) to not give up and just die because the situation seemed hopeless.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had an uncle that would always say, let me see your pocket knife. Then he would check the edge while commenting about how you could tell how lazy a man was by how sharp he kept his knife.

Hmmm. I must be an outlier . . . I'm about as lazy as it gets, yet my cutlery is sharp!

Top Bottom