• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I waist Indy Arms today celebrating Memorial Day with my older son by setting off some indoor fireworks, and we thought we would walk the gun counter on the way out. They had a Display of what I could have sworn where CRKT OTF knives. They where in black boxes with red foil on the outside. They where OTF, and loaded in and out. I through they weren't bad for $80-$90 price tag, but wanted to do some reading on them before I made a decision. I am just looking for an OTF as a daily, something that will get used, so nothing really high end as I look at them as a expendable tool. I though they where CRKT since that's what I carry now, and I've been happy with it, but when I search their website, I don't see any of them. They have a black handle, numerous blade options, and a black glass breaker on the back. Any thoughts?

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    They may have been cobratech knives. I bought one from them a while ago and I like it for the price point..has held up so far for about 6 months daily pocket carry. Mines green though I remember them having black too.
    NsGtGZQ.jpg

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm sure if you do a Google image search for "OTF knife" you will find the model you saw in the store.

A lot of them have glass breakers.

Maybe they were Schrade. :dunno:

schrade-schotf8tb-cm-large.jpg

you can go to blade HQ and look at knives by category too.
    They have lots of brands of OTF knives.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Sounds like cheap Chinese junk that may or may not have been rebranded.....like CobraTec and Ravencrest. A good quality OTF will cost you a minimum of $200.00 give or take. :twocents:

Note: CRKT does not make an OTF.

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like cheap Chinese junk that may or may not have been rebranded.....like CobraTec and Ravencrest. A good quality OTF will cost you a minimum of $200.00 give or take. :twocents:

Note: CRKT does not make an OTF.

Yes. I knew it wasn't a $200 dollar knife, but I don't want to carry a $200 knife, just like I don't want to carry my higher end firearms. I was just looking for something I can use for a year or so, and replace as needed. If i need to use it to cut open a box, kids food, etc, i don't want to worry about scratching the finish. I'm more of a utilitarian when it comes to knives. I've carried a CRKT for the last year, and been perfect happy with it, and don't have to worry about it when I used/abuse it.

Top Bottom