• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I posted this in the pic section also but figured I'd get some play here also. Picked this up today. Curious as to any info on it. I believe it's an older Model 2. I don't think it's every been used. The salmon colored stone is discolored from the geen on the snap. The guard is slightly discolored also. I think it spent it's life in the sheath and that's where the issues come from.
    If anybody can give me any history on it as to the approximate date range of manufacture and worth it would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    It is a No. 2.... often referred to as the "Fighter" or "Fighting Stiletto". The sheath markings would indicate that this was made in an early 90's (assuming it is the original sheath that came with the knife). Note: Sheath looks be Johnson made sheath.

If your pictures of the blade stamping, and the spacers right under the guard were better, it would help confirm the date. The blade stamping and the number of spacers is the most accurate way of dating a Randall knife :)

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    It is a No. 2.... often referred to as the "Fighter" or "Fighting Stiletto". The sheath markings would indicate that this was made in an early 90's (assuming it is the original sheath that came with the knife). Note: Sheath looks be Johnson made sheath.

If your pictures of the blade stamping, and the spacers right under the guard were better, it would help confirm the date. The blade stamping and the number of spacers is the most accurate way of dating a Randall knife :)

Thanks Brad.
    It's stamped as Orlando, NO "S" anywhere. What should I be looking for on the spacers? They appear to be a real thin red/ gray/ red/ivory/ gray/ ivory, then really thin red/ gray/ red starting against the guard going outward. ( The gray could be a lightly faded black almost) Had to use a Surefire and magnifying glass to see all that !!

Bob

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Thanks Brad.
    It's stamped as Orlando, NO "S" anywhere. What should I be looking for on the spacers? They appear to be a real thin red/ gray/ red/ivory/ gray/ ivory, then really thin red/ gray/ red starting against the guard going outward. ( The gray could be a lightly faded black almost) Had to use a Surefire and magnifying glass to see all that !!

Bob

The number of spacers will help date the knife...if your knife has 7 spacers then it is much older than the early 90's.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom